Community Manager | Community | Cologne, Germany
WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. Today, we offer access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being part of the WeWork community.
About the Opportunity
Our Community team is an integral part of our business with the mission to enable our members to create their life’s work.
As a Community Manager, you will be required to report to buildings you manage each day and will be the owner of the Member experience in each building in your portfolio, generally 1-4. You will also be responsible for ensuring we are meeting our member’s needs and our WeWork global standards and targets on member experience satisfaction.
In this role, you’ll:
Membership Engagement & Retention:
- Assume ownership and manage the relationship with key accounts within the multiple buildings you oversee.
- Ensure all accounts within your buildings have an assigned point of contact.
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations, and other issues of complexity.
- Serve as a point of escalation and be a final decision maker on WeWork policies and procedures to members.
- Monitor the Medallia escalation process to ensure alerts are being properly addressed and the right solutions are found.
- Be accountable for member retention, Net Promoter Scores, and overall member satisfaction.
- Review Net Promoter Scores and member satisfaction results regularly and implement building-specific plans to improve KPIs.
- Lead building site tours for VIPs as needed.
- Communicate and drive the success of business updates, process changes, company initiatives, and goals to the team.
Building Operations and Management:
- Ensure quality and upkeep expectations are being adhered to and SLAs for member submitted requests are being met.
- Hold the team accountable for general operational policies and standards.
- Engage with Landlords in conjunction with the Asset Director and Real Estate to handle any building-related escalations.
- Escalate reoccurring issues as it relates to 3rd party vendors to appropriate teams for resolution.
- Be accountable for building-level Opex in partnership with the Building Operations team.
- Oversee and lead teams within your buildings to execute on their objectives as an individual and a team to reach business & member goals.
- Ensure teams have been trained thoroughly during the onboarding process and have the tools necessary to succeed in their respective roles.
- Ensure your time is split appropriately between your buildings to make sure teams feel supported in their day-to-day activities.
- Support direct reports in the creation of a development plan, through ongoing tailored coaching and by meeting with them weekly in a one-on-one setting to deliver feedback.
- Support individuals to pursue meaningful growth opportunities, within the role and through promotion. Recognize positive performance as appropriate.
- Track performance of direct reports regularly and conduct performance management reviews in sync with WeWork’s People Calendar.
- Communicate and be responsible for change management across your team and your building.
Budget Setting & Expense Tracking:
- Provide input to monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets. Review monthly building budget and result comprehensively for optimization.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- 5+ years or equivalent experience in hospitality, marketing, multi-unit retail, startups, finance, consulting, or related experience. Customer service experience required.
- 2+ years of management experience of leading a team made up of individual contributors.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, or other related degrees.
- Experience working with a Profit and Loss schedule.
- Understanding and experience leading a team.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, project management, and business operations experience.
- Like challenges, and embraces change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and compassion.
If this sounds like you, please do upload a english-version of your CV/Resume
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life’s work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.
Other suggested jobs
- Executive Assistant (Boston or NYC)Boston, MA, United States
- M&A Project Management LeadNew York, NY, United States
- Manager, Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Director of Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Service Desk Specialist – Member SupportSan Francisco, CA, United States