About WeWork Capital Advisors
WeWork Capital Advisors, (“WeCap”) is a global real estate acquisition and investment management platform based in New York and London. WeCap is a SEC registered investment advisor that is an affiliate of WeWork. WeCap manages a portfolio of commercial real estate on through several investment funds and joint ventures, which include capital investment from WeWork and other third-party investors.
About The Opportunity
WeCap is currently seeking a Business Manager with approximately 2-4 years of financial services or business management experience to assist with the investment management operations, execution, governance, and controls. The WeCap Business Manager will work closely with the WeCap COO as well as an experienced group of internal and external professionals aiding various initiatives /projects, internal/external reporting processes, and basic business operational/administrative responsibilities. Successful candidates will enjoy working in an environment that is creative, fast pasted, mission-driven, results-oriented, and community-focused.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, this business management professional will also be responsible for the following:
- Maintain holistic project plan to monitor and manage progress of all WeCap’s projects for escalation as well as support various strategic projects within the business
- Assist COO on strategic initiatives including business process re-engineering, workflow modeling, technology implementations, policy creation and roll-out, internal and external audit remediations, vendor management, etc.
- Aid in the oversight of the quarterly Valuation Process including administrative and communication responsibilities including liaising with external valuation team.
- Ensure a consistent control environment across platform to manage operational risk, ensuring oversight of key contractual deliverables; continuously assess control framework for potential gaps
- Support build-out and ongoing maintenance of various document management processes for all business functions for holistic books and records, including management of controls, user experience, and adherence to policies and procedures
- Aid with the WeCap vendor management process including due diligence, selection, onboarding and BAU management including annual reviews of vendor, primary liaison with numerous external business partners
- Manage the ever-evolving governance model for capturing, communicating and management of WeCap’s business & oversight processes
- Manage with day-to-day administrative support as needed, including light calendar management for CEO and COO
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication with various functional and regional teams
- Key liaison between the WeCap team and the WeWork operational functions (IT, HR, Operations, Legal, etc) teams.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major in business administration, finance, or accounting
- 2+ years of financial services or business management experience, preferably with high-growth organizations in investment and asset management sector
- Strong solutions-oriented analytical skills, particularly in respect of data analysis and reporting
- Understanding of investment structures including open-ended and closed ended real estate funds serving global institutional and high-net worth clients
- Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to influence as well as direct a team or collaborate with various stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in many roles within the team framework (leader, support, co-worker, back-up for peers), and build strong relationships and influence across several global locations
- Motivated self-starter able to thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Results-driven, user-centric, innovative, and comfortable in a highly complex and high-growth environment
- Creativity, flexibility, and openness to change
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Le Pain Quotidien