At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
The Technology Strategy and M&A team is focused on leveraging WeWork’s best-in-class technology solutions and operational excellence to power the flexible space economy. This team is responsible for defining WeWork’s technology strategy and executing on M&A opportunities to expand the WeWork network and brand globally across the ever-evolving ecosystem of landlords, enterprises and operators.
About the Role:
Reporting to the M&A Project Manager, the M&A Project Management Lead (“PM Lead”) will be responsible for supporting the execution of WeWork’s Technology strategy and potential mergers and acquisitions. This will include liaising with the Technology Strategy and the M&A teams to drive best practices and develop a playbook for standing up key strategic initiatives. The PM Lead will also play a key role in helping to integrate and operationalize M&A transactions. The PM Lead operates in a highly cross-functional environment, which includes daily collaboration with teams across Finance, Sales, Real Estate, Community, Operations and Technology. The M&A Project Management team is the “glue” that ties the Strategy and M&A initiatives together.
The PM Lead will support the M&A Project Manager in managing key internal and external stakeholders in potential transactions. The PM Lead may be called on to support the Strategy and M&A teams in driving the execution of M&A or investment opportunities in the real estate, technology and consumer verticals, and overseeing the transition and integration efforts to drive synergies. The PM Lead will also support the M&A Project Manager in guiding internal WeWork teams taking ownership after deals are signed and closed. As such, the PM Lead will need to possess superior prioritization skills and a working knowledge of transaction terms, legal definitive documentation and financials.
A successful PM Lead will possess baseline experience in developing cross-functional project management playbooks, including project scoping, identifying deliverables, managing resources, developing timelines and creating communication plans. Additionally, the PM Lead should have effective client communication skills in helping stakeholders understand project requirements and meet deadlines.
- Be a champion for WeWork’s existing and future Platform products and business lines with both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop comprehensive project plans, including structuring a scalable integration planning process across all functions
- Help manage the business development cycle for new transaction opportunities, inclusive of outreach, proposal development, sales projections, working with Legal and Real Estate in negotiation/contract drafting and everything in between
- Understand the long-term goals of the Platform team and ensure we are tracking towards achieving those goals in the relevant timelines
- Take ownership of deliverables that will be presented to executive leadership and the Board of Directors – this is a highly visible role with tremendous exposure to the C-suite
- Build cross-functional relationships across Finance, Sales, Community, Operations, Real Estate and Technology to operationalize the Platform strategy
- Possess and utilize an expert knowledge of WeWork’s value proposition, core business products and technology roadmap
- Be curious and innovative – seek to continuously refine WeWork’s strategy and drive process improvements
- BA/BS from a leading undergraduate institution
- 2-3+ years of experience with baseline experience in customer and project management
- Track record of successful cross-functional leadership and collaboration
- Proven ability to develop meaningful relationships with potential counterparties
- Self-starter, reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Excels under pressure; ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.
Interested in this opportunity?