WeWork began in 2010 with a vision to build the first global physical platform designed to bring people together. Today, we offer access to a desk, an office, a headquarters, or an entire building in hundreds of cities around the world; with over a third of the Fortune 500 companies being part of the WeWork community.
About the Opportunity
WeWork is looking for a seasoned and process-oriented Mail & Package Supervisor. This full-time position is based in WeWork’s Global Headquarters in New York, Chelsea HQ, and will report directly to the Community Manager. As a Mail & Package Supervisor, you are integral to the employee experience, will supervise Mail & Package Associates, and be responsible for a high level of execution, hospitality, and ideation.
- Receive, organize, track, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages for WeWork employees
- Lead, manage, and directly supervise Mail & Package Associate(s)
- Create processes to improve mail and package services for employees
- Redefine and standardize workflows, primarily at our corporate location but also across other HQ locations
- Establish and manage cost-effective measures for shipping and outgoing mail
- Provide monthly and annual reports on spending and inventory
- Maintain databases to accurately reflect employees and department contacts
- Understand and report on daily, weekly, and monthly incoming and outgoing packages inventory
- Maintain an organized and efficient mail and package room with consistent effort toward ongoing improvements
- Oversee the mailroom’s email inbox and requests
- Build relationships with employees, delivery vendors, and mail couriers to promote a strong sense of community with a high level of hospitality
- Develop and drive team results through key performance indicators
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Assist employees with pick up, drop off and transferring of mail and packages
- Understand and support HQ storage operations
- Manage inventory, supplies, and ordering for all mail room needs
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Business operations and/or project management experience preferred
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new software
- Experience building processes, setting and upholding high standard
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish
- Attentive to detail and manage tasks efficiently and effectively
Life at WeWork
Just as we empower our community, we believe in empowering our team to create their own life’s work. We move fast and challenge each other, but we always make sure we look out for one another. Our culture and values are what make working here rewarding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more about diversity at WeWork here.