Pre-Construction/Estimation Manager | Cost Manager| New York, USA
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Opportunity
The Commercial Management Group provides estimating, pre-construction, cost planning and cost management services support from inception through design, construction and financial close-out. The Preconstruction / Estimating Manager is accountable for all pre-construction budgeting, estimating and management of the bid/leveling/award process when selecting General Contractors for an assigned region.
The ideal candidate will have strong take-off, estimating, budgeting, communication / organization skills, and a track record of working on multiple projects (with various sizes and complexity) at any one time while achieving all target deliverable dates. They will also have a solid track record of effectively working across multiple functional groups and have experience working at various stages of design. Lastly, they should demonstrate that they are self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision, a great teammate, and have a passion for real estate development, design and construction.
· Partner with the design, delivery, and sales team to ensure all submitted budgets are accurate and align with all design, scope and financial objectives
· Provide high level feasibility estimates from early concept level and/or due diligence information, including all soft, hard construction and direct costs
· Develop detailed cost estimates from Schematic and Design Development level information
· Prepare cost comparison/reconcile with control budget; flag potential cost increases / risks
· Manage the Value Engineering process, reporting and tracking costs
· Management of the bid/leveling/award process when selecting General Contractors
· Support the Project Delivery team with Change Order Management
· Continually update in-house cost benchmarking and pricing data
· Maintains current information on trends in and changes to existing construction codes in order to ensure complete bids from Contractors
· Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
· Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
· Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
Does the below sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering or Management or equivalent work experience is required
· 3-5 years of general construction estimating experience in commercial interior fit-outs
· 1-2 years experience in bidding, leveling, negotiating & awarding construction contracts (lump sum, negotiated work, pre-construction services & GMP)
· Well-developed estimating, financial analysis, budgeting and computer skills are required
· Excellent take-off skills with OST, Bluebeam, Revit or other similar software
· Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
· Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
· Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
· Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
· Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor at all times
· Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environ ment
· Computer skills of using ProCore, Onscreen Takeoff, and Microsoft office
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
Other suggested jobs
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Relais & Chateaux
- Executive Assistant (Boston or NYC)Boston, MA, United States
- M&A Project Management LeadNew York, NY, United States
- Manager, Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Director of Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Service Desk Specialist – Member SupportSan Francisco, CA, United States