WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life’s work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork’s technology organization builds a wide array of products that serve both our members and our internal team. As a data scientist on the Product Data Science team, you will aid product teams in understanding how people use products, measuring the impact of new features, and prioritizing the development of potential new projects. You will also have the opportunity to work with our machine learning engineers to put internally developed algorithms into use to solve problems and enhance products.
Our ideal candidate is expected to partner with product and engineering managers to ensure that our approach to product development is data-driven. You will pull and analyze data, set up front-end tracking plans, build dashboards to enable insights, design experiments, and apply machine learning algorithms to solve business problems.
Some of the interesting problems you’ll get to work on:
- How can we use utilization and sales data in different markets to design a new product’s phased rollout plan?
- How should we design experiments to test hypotheses regarding the impact of new products and features?
- Can we tie specific parts of the member experience, building attributes, and behaviors to member satisfaction?
- Can we use our diverse set of data to build a model that reliably predicts those members who are most likely to churn and those who are most likely to renew?
- Develop a deep understanding of WeWork’s suite of products and aid in the creation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that can be measured to define success
- Perform and present analysis aimed at understanding both potential members and current members (e.g., cohort analysis, funnel analysis, segmentation analysis, etc.)
- Collaborate with product managers, data engineers, mixed methods researchers, and machine learning engineers to solve various business problems
- Provide strategic analytical support to our internal products teams, helping to empower WeWork employees to do their jobs in the most efficient way possible
- Contribute to and participate in continuous learning with the team through demos and peer reviews
- Take initiative to explore data independently to generate insights and/or data products that will help the company move forward
- 3+ years experience in a product data science or similar role
- Experience working with product, design, and engineering leads on digital products
- Proficient in SQL and at least one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with hypothesis testing, experimental design, and a strong understanding of statistics
- Experience with Segment, Snowflake, Amplitude, Looker, Tableau or comparable platforms
- Strong data visualization skills and ability to present insights from analysis
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience