WeWork is looking for an attorney with experience in corporate compliance programs to join its global compliance program. The position is based in WeWork’s Singapore office and will support our businesses in the Pacific (SEA + Korea + Australia).
As Head of Compliance Counsel, you will play a key role in administering and supporting WeWork’s compliance program in the Pacific.
This includes identifying and reducing compliance risks in the Pacific; providing compliance advice and guidance to business units in the Pacific on global and local compliance policies, including conflicts of interests and anti-corruption and bribery, as well as general ethics issues; working with attorneys and business leaders throughout the organization to monitor, track, and help manage our compliance and training goals.
You will also monitor, supervise, and independently conduct internal investigations into potential violations of law and/or policy and other potential legal and regulatory issues and conduct compliance and ethics training sessions.
- Assess and advise WeWork business partners on a broad range of compliance and ethics matters, including anti-corruption, sanctions, data privacy/cyber-security, conflicts of interest, alcohol and food licensing, and other regulatory inquiries
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance and ethics risk
- Conduct risk assessments and internal investigations
- Assist in executing training and communication plans to ensure consistent application of compliance and ethics policies
- Minimum 6+ years of experience, including at least 5 years of regulatory or compliance experience with corporations, law firms, or government agencies
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) or foreign equivalent
- Singapore-bar qualified or qualified in a Bar of equivalent standing
- The candidate must have excellent English skills that include the ability to draft documents and conduct interviews. You will also thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and will have a strong reputation for delivering results.
- Experience with internal investigations, and policy creation and implementation
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet tight deadlines
- Deep knowledge of FCPA/UK Bribery Act and/or OFAC sanctions
- Fluency (written and verbal) in an Asian language would be an added advantage.
- You will also thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments and will have a strong reputation for delivering results.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment