At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together and it is the only way we make decisions.
Data Engineering is a team constantly striving to create an amazing experience for our customers and internal teams. We regard culture and trust highly and believe you will have a positive influence in your own way as a data engineer.
You’re a data engineer with extensive experience designing, implementing data solutions for various business challenges, and leading database and data warehousing initiatives.
- You’re excited to solve data challenges that combines digital and physical aspects, across multiple business verticals like Real Estate, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Social Media, and regions
- You’re motivated to enable and collaborate with engineering, analytics and product teams to tackle the most challenging business needs
What You Will Do:
As a Data Engineer at WeWork, You will be a part of a central team and work with passionate leaders on highly impactful business challenges.
- Leverage data expertise to help build and evolve data models in various components of the data stack
- Work on architecting, building, and launching highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to support WeWork
- Collaborate closely with data engineers, analysts,data scientists, ML Engineers, as well as cross-functional teams, to leverage huge amounts of WeWork data, for data-driven business and user behavior insights
- Collaborate on improving efficiency and quality of internal data processes as well as stakeholder engagement, including implementation of system and model quality tracking
- Develop centralized source of truth data sets to encourage a democratized, data-driven culture
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering
- Strong background in data warehouse concept and design
- Proficient in at least one of the SQL dialects (Snowflake, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer, Oracle)
- Good understanding of SQL Engine and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience with Git and the pull request workflow
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
- Experience working with Salesforce data (extra points for experience with Revenue Cloud)
Bonus Points for Experience In:
- Leading / managing full project lifecycles
- Workflow management tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc..)
- Working in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc)
- Distributed execution frameworks (Spark, Apache Beam, etc.)
- Tableau CRM (Salesforce Einstein Analytics)
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.