At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Tax Accounting Manager to assist with the Company’s U.S. financial reporting. The Tax Accounting Manager should be proficient in ASC 740 and have knowledge of corporate and partnership tax laws. The Tax Accounting Manager will be responsible for WeWork’s corporate income tax accounting and financial reporting. Responsibilities include preparing and reviewing the quarterly and annual income tax provision and managing income tax transformation initiatives. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Tax Accounting. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and review the quarterly and annual global tax provision under ASC 740.
- Identify and calculate book-to-tax differences, including preparing all supporting workpapers and cumulative deferred proofs for the annual US tax provision.
- Prepare workpapers and memo that support and document WeWork’s valuation allowance position and APB 23 assertions.
- Assist with the preparation and review of income tax related journal entries.
- Prepare effective tax rate calculation and tax account reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation and review of income tax disclosures for 10-Ks and 10-Qs.
- Update and maintain documentation in support of various tax attributes including earnings and profits, foreign taxes paid, tax loss carryforwards, and tax credits.
- Assist with the identification and documentation of global uncertain tax position and FAS 5 reserves.
- Monitor changes in tax laws and regulations and their application to WeWork and perform relevant tax research.
- Maintain effective control procedures over tax process.
- Identify and lead income tax automation and process improvement efforts.
- Manage and develop staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various teams across Finance.
- Manage relationship with third party auditors and tax advisors.
- Manage projects, workflows, timelines, and deadlines.
- 5+ years of tax experience, preferably a mix of Big 4 public accounting and U.S. multinational company
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision software and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of ASC 740, FIN 48, and FAS 5
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts under U.S. GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Strong tax technical and data analytical skills
- Strong process management and documentation skills and the ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to respond to inquiries from management, internal customers, and external auditors
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.