Director, Broker Business Development, East
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Broker Relations, USC, The Director, Broker Business Development role will primarily be responsible for top-of-funnel business development, with the goal of maximizing closed-won business, through the commercial real estate broker channel. Additionally, the role includes deploying the broker communication and marketing strategy internally.
Externally, the Director in the role will deploy consistent, but geographically tailored broker-facing brand messaging and engagement efforts in order to streamline the WeWork value proposition to brokers, ease conveying our product to their clientele, work to open/keep open channels for deal flow, and ultimately, directly influence high-quality opportunity generation which results in closed-won revenue. Within WeWork, he/she will work closely with both the Leasing and Accounts sales teams to qualify broker-led opportunities and guiding them to the appropriate internal counterpart for transaction completion.
We are looking for a Director, Broker Business Development, East to establish uniform trust within the brokerage community, set the standard for Agile Workplace/Brokerage partnership excellence, and influence accretive revenue for the organization through relationships and more “at-bats”. In this role, you will:
- Be the subject matter expert and primary point of contact to the territory brokerage community on WeWork’s value proposition, products, and portfolio
- Broker-led opportunity qualification for ALL accounts in their portfolio of clients transacting in the United States and Canada, focusing on 5,000 plus RSF deals (“50+ headcount”)
- Constant education and brand promotion via outbound sales activities
- Agency partnership integration
- Commercial Real Estate firm leadership relationship development and maintenance
- Channel Partner Flex Team relationship development and maintenance
- Deploy Broker Strategy internally and partner with leadership and Leasing and Accounts sales teams to activate transaction strategies/pursuit plans
Does the below sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- 7+ years of experience in brokerage production role (business development focus preferred)
- Proven track record in a world-class sales team exceeding revenue goals
- Strong brokerage network across the territory (will be cross-checked)
- Nuanced knowledge of the commercial real estate territory which you cover
- Self-starter, reliable, focused, with demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Competency in deal financials/cash flow analysis
- Strong time management skills and experience managing numerous tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Excels under pressure; ability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.