About Jumeirah and Wild Wadi Waterpark:
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.
Wild Wadi Waterpark is an Arabic themed Waterpark located in Dubai boasting enviable views of the Gulf and the Burj Al Arab. Excitement at Wild Wadi means one adrenaline rush after another. Hurtle down the 33m high Jumeirah Sceirah reaching speeds of 80 kmph, try the 1.5m high waves at Breakers Bay or scream your lungs out with your friends as you ride together on Tantrum Alley!
The fun is not saved solely for our guests. Everyday as a Wild Wadi colleague is a fun and memorable experience.
About the Job:
An exciting role has arisen in the Information Technology department at Wild Wadi Waterpark for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main duties of the role are:
- To assist the Director of IT in achieving the department’s goals as set out in the Executive Plan & communicate status, risks and opportunities to the Director of IT
- Assists the Director of IT to ensure that departmental costs are reduced through effective purchasing and negotiation.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of projects along with the preparation and monitoring of budgets
- Takes over the responsibilities of the Director of IT in his/her absence
- Ensure trouble free operations of the PMS system
- Ensure efficient operation of the Restaurant POS system
- Motivates and inspires others to perform
- Meet prospects clients to discuss their AV needs and requirements for events both indoors and outdoors and make recommendations if any
- Must hold a University Degree or equivalent certifications
- 4 years in a similar position and must have experience within hotel operations
- Must have good interpersonal Skills
- Strong Leadership and organisation skills with a “hands on approach”
- Exceptional Communication Skills, both verbal and written in order to communicate to colleagues and hotel guest on I.T issues/Audio Visual
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Management, IT, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible