To prepare and deliver, providing a high standard of fresh food in a busy hotel restaurant. Also be able to undertake a varied list of food preparation for the kitchen on a daily basis. Works closely with and reports to Head Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for cleanliness, stock control, organization and standards of the breakfast opera-tions
* Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
* The Sous Chef prepares various foods for guests
* Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
* Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
* Other assignments and duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
* A passion for food
* An ability to work independently
* An understanding of health and safety and food safety regulations
* Requires ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly manner in providing a hospitable environment.
* Demonstrates a professional mannerism and strong work ethics.
* Flexible work schedule required including some weekends.
Safety and Work Habits:
* Maintain an acceptable attendance record, punctuality and meeting deadlines.
* Participate in training sessions and seminars, which may be held outside of regular shift hours, and on or off the regular work location.
* Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures and practices.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Responsible for cleanliness, stock control, organization and standards of the operation.
* Ability to work independently, flexible hours, without supervision, and function effectively in a customer service environment.
* Must be able to communicate in pleasant manner, in person, by telephone, and electronically.
* Physically able to perform all job functions and duties.
* Effectively communicate in English orally, in writing or electronically.
* Work effectively in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priori-ties.
* Follow through on assignments, using problem-solving skills and sound judgment.
* Interact with members of the team and other business contacts in a positive and coop-erative manner.
Education and/or Experience:
* High school or equivalent education required
* Sous Chef: 2 years
* Hospitality experience preferred
- Job type
- Connecticut, United States
- F&B kitchen
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Relais & Châteaux
Relais & Châteaux is established around the globe, from the Napa Valley vineyards and French Provence to the beaches of the Indian Ocean. It offers an introduction to a lifestyle inspired by local culture and a unique dip into human history.
Relais & Châteaux members have a driving desire to protect and promote the richness and diversity of the world’s cuisine and traditions of hospitality. They are committed to preserving local heritage and the environment, as encompassed in the Charter presented to UNESCO in November 2014.