Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a ESG and Organizational Effectiveness Intern to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.Why Wyndham?
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You’ll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you’ll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support. Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can’t wait to welcome you!The Role
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking an ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) and Organizational Effectiveness intern supporting the ESG team with a keen interest and passion for hospitality, sustainability and/or ESG.What you'll do
You'll be successful if you have
- Sustainability – the brand standard will be in full force with the April 2023 deadline for full compliance. This role would assist with the continued certification process help us gather the information necessary to start toward Science Based Targeting.
- Social – assist with the programming of the ERG, survey assistance, and the coordination of philanthropic events.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Excel, preferably with advanced functions such as formulas, macros, pivot tables, etc., as well as general familiarity with other Microsoft Office programs such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and provide Count on Me service to franchisees and team members.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to problem-solve, working independently or within a team, to analyze and solve project or process issues.
- Relevant major or interest in hospitality, sustainability and/or social responsibility/ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance).
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Be a rising undergraduate senior or pursuing a graduate degree.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Brand:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 Employment Status:
Full-time What we expect from you
You will play an important part in our mission to make travel possible for all by:
∙ Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
∙ Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
∙ Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
∙ Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
∙ Competitive salary and benefits.
∙ Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
∙ A Culture of Diversity & Inclusion - Our inclusive culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse customers and communities around the world.About Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market:
New York City Nearest Secondary Market: