Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Food & Beverage Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Garden Muscat location in Muscat, Oman.
The Food & Beverage Manager will provide leadership for all the day to day operation of the F&B department including Meeting and Events, Restaurants, Executive Lounge, Room Service in respect to standards, revenues and cost control with the aim of achieving optimum financial returns for the company/owners, whilst ensuring highest levels of associate and guest satisfaction.
- Provides the strategic direction for F&B department of the hotel
- Trains and develops the F&B tram and provides support when required
- Attends F&B departmental meetings to address any issues or concerns for staff each department on a quarterly basis.
- Ensures that the operational departments work effectively as one team with the F&B departments to provide seamless service across the operation.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, prepares the sales promotions and mailings.
- Works closely with all F&B HODs to ensure the hotel is in full compliance with licensing, regulations, Health & safety policies, Food Hygiene regulations and other local policy and procedures.
- Ensures health, safety and hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled.
- Has a detailed understanding of the competitive landscape as a whole in your area/city including emerging trends.
- Gathers for large events, oversees for medium/small events, guaranteed attendance numbers.
- Assures bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Regularly reviews and evaluates the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service.
- Takes an active role in the supervision of the preparation of the marketing plan, operation plan and related action plans, including F&B pricing strategies.
- Ensures that the F&B operations team thinks outside the box with regards to ‘wowing the guests’
- Is conducting frequent and thorough inspections of the hotel F&B operations to ensure excellence is consistently maintained.
- Verifying that the best products are used in the F&B Operation on a regular basis.
- Taking responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects within the building to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Establishes positive contacts within the hotel and Wyndham’s internal organization to ensure best use of company’s skills, services and professional knowledge.
- Identifies opportunities for resources and facilities to be shred between the properties and implement practice.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports of your teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Attend ExCom/Sr HOD Meetings
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance Leader/HR Leader the payroll figures (and challenge the HOD’s with regards to over spending and casual usage)
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally F&B Manager previously, progressive growth in F&B Division (4 to 5 years relevant management experience)
- Ideally BA hotel Management / Business or equivalent
- Preferably experience in a 4/5 star branded international hotel chain
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham Garden Muscat, Plot 41, Al Khuwair, Muscat, N/A N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.