Dolce is now seeking a Guest Services Supervisor - Full & Part Time to join our team at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort location in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager and Assistant Guest Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Wyndham International hotel credit policies.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all standards are met, if applicable.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current employees on a regular basis.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team members who align with our company’s core values. We are proud to reward our full time team members with comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include:
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Participation in any of the benefit plans and programs made available to team members is subject to satisfaction of eligibility requirements. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to amend or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time in accordance with applicable law.
Wage Rate: $$14.50
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Cheyenne Mountain Resort, 3225 Broadmoor Valley Rd, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Colorado Springs