La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Hotel Supervisor (Front Desk) to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale - Plantation location in Plantation, Florida.
The position is responsible for supervising the daily operations in all departments of the hotel to ensure product quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction; safety and security meet company standards.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree preferred-Preferably in hotel management or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- May occasionally be required to lift, carry, push and/or pull heavy objects; kneel, bend or stoop, and ascend and descend ladders and stairs
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions and still provide service to internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Must have good organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Able to provide leadership and supervision for multiple departments
- Able to work productively, independent of direct supervision or guidance
- Effectively respond to and handle situations in the event of an emergency
- Able to operate various hotel operations systems to maximize results
- Able to recognize and make sound decisions when improvements of process or procedures are needed
- Able to serve as a Leader-On-Duty in the absence of the General Manager
- Able to manage time, people and resources to make progress and complete multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
- Assist the General Manager with supervision of the daily operations in every department to ensure policies and procedures are executed by employees that will maximize revenue
- Train front desk staff to perform all front desk operations successfully, to include revenue management and central reservations procedures
- Perform guest experience representative, night auditor, housekeeping, and maintenance duties as required by staffing levels and business demand.
- Assist the General Manager in preparing employee work schedules
- Direct employees to adhere to the posted schedules to effectively manage labor costs; adjust schedules as needed in response to business trends
- Perform routine inventory and ordering procedures to ensure sufficient tools, supplies and linens are available while maintaining effective cost controls
- Follow company policies and procedures to protect our guests and employees while mitigating potential risk and expenses
- Inspect guests rooms daily to ensure cleanliness and process standards meet company guidelines
- Visually inspect maintenance, laundry and public areas of the hotel to ensure guest satisfaction is achieved
- Respond to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance requests from guests or General Manager as required to achieve Here For You service expectations for every guest
- Assist in handling difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service in the most effective manner before guests leave the property
- Ensure satisfactory Medallia (i.e., guest satisfaction survey) scores and take action to correct any deficiencies in all departments in the hotel
- Support the recruitment, selection, training and management of employees to deliver exceptional guest services and product quality in accordance with company standards.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of employees
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional manner and in accordance with all company policies including standards of conduct
- Conduct effective, daily employee huddles as requested by the General Manager
- Help the General Manager maintain an acceptable level of employee turnover by providing a Here for You employee experience
- Complete assignments or special projects Manager given by the General Manager or Regional Ops Leader for the purpose of gaining additional knowledge and experience.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 21 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Ft. Lauderdale - Plantation, 8101 Peters Road, Plantation, Florida 33324
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Lauderdale
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami