La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Housekeeping Supervisor - LQ to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Galveston East Beach location in Galveston, Texas.
This position is responsible for leading the housekeeping staff to continuous quality improvement; inspect rooms for assurance of the service and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
- Must be physically and visually able to utilize the computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 65 lbs with assistance.
- Must be flexible in hours/days.
- Must responds to multiple task interruptions in order to provide service to internal and external customers.
- Must adhere to the company dress code.
- Must be able to comprehend and speak the English language.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Possess attention to detail.
- Supervise the operations of housekeeping and laundry areas to ensure the achievement of productivity and quality service standards.
- Inspect guest rooms to ensure the cleanliness standards and proper amenity and literature placement have been met.
- Assure and input housekeeping information in NiteVision.
- Prepare training for Room and Laundry Attendants in all housekeeping procedures and standards.
- Ensure that Room Attendants have sufficient amount of necessary supplies through supply and linen inventories.
- Prepare weekly schedule for housekeeping and laundry personnel following company labor guidelines (MPR standards).
- Clean and service guest rooms as needed.
- Report room repairs or unsafe conditions to Manager and Maintenance.
- Work and track projects daily to upgrade the quality of guest rooms.
- Respond to housekeeping request from guest or management in a timely, efficient and friendly manner.
- Report and track lost and found articles.
- Follow company polices and procedures (i.e., OSHA, BBP regulations and other state and local regulations).
- Apply all safety and security polices consistently.
- Participate in hiring and evaluation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Obtain any locally required certifications.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 21 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Galveston East Beach, 1402 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, Texas 77550
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston