Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Global Sales - Leisure - Remote in the Northeast to join our team.Why Wyndham?
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You’ll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you’ll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support. Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can’t wait to welcome you!The Role
The Manager Global Sales will be responsible for working with the Senior Director Global Sales in developing the strategy for Leisure Hybrid position for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts for LATAMC.
The Manager will be responsible for driving revenue to the several brands we represent. They will establish and lead all aspects of day-to-day management of Global Leisure agencies, including MICE and corporate business on a hybrid role and drive an increase in market share globally from all the accounts for this segment as well as represent Wyndham Hotels & Resorts brands at key Global Leisure Industry events & customer engagement areas within the Americas.
They must demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of WHR brands. Strong communication and collaboration skills are required to facilitate maximum results utilizing internal corporate resources, customer relationships and market opportunities. Partnership and engagement with senior leadership within WHR, the brands and franchise community is critical to continually demonstrate value to both internal and external stakeholders.What You'll Do
You'll be Successful if you have
- Establish WHR with Leisure (MICE& & Corporate) global accounts, develop relationships with key contacts and complete key account plans. Must have a good understanding of the Leisure markets, economic conditions and trends that impact this business.
- Ensure that Corporate functional teams such as legal, distribution, revenue management, marketing, sales strategy and operations, are included in action plans for progressing the growth of the GSO managed accounts.
- Produce revenue on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to exceed goals.
- Schedule quarterly customer business reviews with Key Accounts to mutually progress towards market share growth and actively participate in customer facing activities such as; Annual Partner Meetings, Key Customer and Tradeshow Events, Customer Facing Activities.
- Effective communication with internal customers including Brand Leaders, Directors of Franchise Support and property sales team to maximize and leverage all revenue opportunities.
- Assist hotels where needed in educational opportunities of specific accounts and markets.
- Manage expenses/operation within the corporate guidelines of the global sales organization within Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, work in conjunction with the Senior Director, Global Sales LATAMC for budget and expense management.
- Act as Team Lead in industry tradeshows and sales missions, responsible for balancing the tradeshow budget.
- Ensure negotiation of contracts and rates are in line with WHR goals and contribute to the bottom line of the company.
- Languages: fluent in Spanish and English.
- Ten (10) years of work experience.
- Six (6) years of travel/hospitality industry experience in a revenue-generating or commercial role.
- College Degree Required.
- Significant sales experience in luxury hospitality.
- Experience negotiating sales contracts.
- Experience preparing executive-level presentations.
- Sales and persuasion skills are indispensable requirements for this position in order to develop market.
- Work consists of moderately complex procedures where basic analytic ability is required.
- Great presentation skills
- Work requires using original and creative thinking to maximize revenue results. The results generally impact several internal departments and client base.
- Identifying and overcoming challenges through collaboration with colleagues, supervisors and other stakeholders. This requires judgment such as setting priorities, evaluating results, or coordinating with others.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to communicate in English and Spanish.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations, including ability to handle client objections and disputes to achieve satisfactory results. On the job action, demands observance to strict deadlines.
- Ability to stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive internal and external customer situations, maintain constructive working relationships and must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Demonstrated self-starter, exhibiting initiative, confidence, professionalism and good judgment, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, escalating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines with continual attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft Office; Excel, Salesforce.com etc.
- Team player with strong work ethic.
As requested by internal/external stakeholders, estimated 50%-65% of the time.COMPANY OVERVIEW:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Employment Status:
For candidates in Colorado, click here
for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.What we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
A Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.