Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Manager, Performance Analytics - Global Sales to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Manager of Performance Analytics – Global Sales will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of global sales performance reporting, data analytics, and strategic sales initiatives on behalf of the WHR Global Sales Organization. The position will partner with a cross-functional group of stakeholders (including brand, marketing, revenue management, and finance, among others) to report on Global Sales performance, analyze results on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, identify opportunity areas, and define/execute strategic action plans to drive topline growth. The position will play a central role in defining WHR’s approach to data governance, developing applicable SOPs, sharing best practices globally, enhancing reporting-related sales training, and partnering with the broader GSO team to initiate/execute global sales initiatives. The position will work closely with the GSO Tech/Ops, GSO Support, and Marketing/Events teams on various initiatives to ensure all activities are supported by data-driven insights. Finally, this position will be responsible for working with other WHR departments on corporate Sales- and Data-related programs. This position will have one direct report (Analyst).
- Data System(s) Administration, Reporting, and Development: Oversee, develop and deploy global sales performance reporting for multiple WHR stakeholders (i.e., sellers, sales leaders, WHR executive team); ensure reporting is clear, timely, accurate and accessible. This includes account data, seller data, and incentive plan data.
- Data Analytics / Business Intelligence: Analyze performance results, derive data-based insights, identify internal and external trends, and develop strategic action plans to drive topline growth
- Strategic Sales Initiatives: Partner with the broader topline organization (i.e., sales, revenue management, marketing) to provide data-rich insights in support of strategic revenue-generating initiatives
- Employee Development / Team Management: Manage team of one direct report and ensure integration with broader topline team (i.e., sales and revenue generation).
- Project Management - for key strategic initiatives and long-term planning for the Global Sales Team.
The Manager, Performance Analytics – Global Sales will drive the development and expansion of sales reporting and analytics that are vital to the success of the Global Sales team for WHR. He/she will play an integral role in supporting the Global Sales Leadership Team and will impact strategic decision making across the entire Global Sales Organization. In-depth knowledge of sales related systems, reporting processes, databases and available reports is an absolute necessity. This team is responsible for working with the Global Sales leadership team to provide the GSO with data-rich analyses and action-oriented insights to drive topline growth. This team will work closely with a cross-functional group of partners including GSO Operations, Revenue Management, Marketing, Brands, Wyndham Rewards, Finance, BI and Development, as well as with outside vendors. This role will support the GSO in strategizing on key initiatives and long term projects and will provide data driven direction on GSO deployment.
Recommendations made and implemented will be visible as global sales revenue growth and will contribute to the overall performance of the portfolio and therefore the portfolio’s contribution to the system.
o Accountable, professional, results-oriented, and dependable
o Able to operate effectively both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals and targets
o Self-starter, exhibiting initiative, flexibility, confidence, and good judgment
o Makes business decisions with integrity and honesty
o Effective multi-tasker, able to simultaneously execute on multiple initiatives and priorities
o Comfortable in a high-pressure, fast-paced, constantly changing environment
o Strong communicator, both written and verbal; able to deliver messages clearly and concisely
o Enjoys working with a diverse set of stakeholders
o Demonstrated leadership / people management experience
o Objective and fair
o Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of complex data and convert it into understandable and action-oriented insights
o Outstanding Excel skills (advanced analytical systems and databases is a plus)
o Extensive knowledge of sales systems and databases
o Understanding of Sales planning goals and performance measurement reports
o Exposure to hotel sales at the property level, national sales level and/or global sales level desired
o Understanding of technical terminology and ability to discuss systems applications
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Sales or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• 4+ years’ experience desired working in finance, banking, consulting, management, business intelligence, analytics, corporate strategy or a related field.
• Familiarity with hospitality industry, sales strategy, incentive planning, key performance indicators, cross-industry trends, competitive intelligence services / other data sources a plus.
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred
The position will be based in Parsippany, NJ and will report directly to the Senior Manager, Performance Analytics – Revenue Management & Global Sales
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark