Wyndham is now seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our team at the Wyndham San Diego on the Bay location in San Diego, California.
This position exists to assist the Sales Department in achieving financial objectives through use and knowledge of Software Applications, Maintenance and Management of All Sales-Related Client and Corporate Information Records including those on the Internet – potential and existing, and Sales Analysis. Primary responsibilities include training staff on sales systems and department procedures, troubleshooting system related issues, database management, completing and running sales related reports for the department, assisting staff with data entry into sales systems and general administrative responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- College course work in related field helpful
- At least two years experience in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- At least one year experience in MS Access, SQL Queries, or Data Warehousing helpful
- Experience with LAN, WAN in an NT or Windows Environment and Database Management helpful
- Experience in an Internet or Intranet environment helpful
- Knowledge of Request For Proposal (RFP) process and/or Corporate Volume Accounts helpful
- Experience with Budget, Expense, End of the Month, and Competitive Analysis Reports beneficial
- Newmarket Sales & Catering Systems
- Micros-Fidelio Property and Yield Management Systems
- Meeting Matrix Software Application
- Lanyon Property Vault
- RFP Publishers and Internet / Intranet Web Sites
- Knowledge of Accounting / Purchasing Programs Helpful (e.g. WynSource and SAP)
- Crystal and Market Vision Report Writers
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Assist with Data Entry of Leads and/or RFP Bids
- Complete Month End Reports for Group Sales, Catering and Meeting Services
- Run Sales, Catering & Meeting Services Reports
- Create and Manage Merge documents and entry of menu items
- Database Management duties applied to all sales related systems
- Monthly/daily audits of Sales & Catering related systems to ensure Wyndham Standard policies and procedures are complied to.
- Training- Refresher & New employee training for all Sales & Catering related systems to include: Market Vision, Crystal, PMS Interface, Meeting Broker, WyndLeads & Linking to the National Sales Database
- E-Lead Coordinator retrieving, managing and distributing all incoming sales leads- internal or external for WyndLeads, Linking to NetDelphi Global and NetXChange as applicable
- Manage Delphi/Fidelio PMS Interface
- Relay software suggestions and enhancements to Wyndham Corporate Representative on all sales related systems
- Assist or coordinate loading of updated programs onto the network when received from Newmarket International
- Sales related PC & Server trouble shooting with Wyndham IT & respective vendors
- Verify Night Audit is managing daily backup of all sales related systems
- Liaison between Sales department, Corporate office and software vendors
- Administrative support- Typing, filing, answer phones and distribution of mail
- Management & registration of all Sales & Catering employees for WIU and vendor centra classes
- Enforce Corporate and Office standards and procedures as it relates to all sales-related Client and Corporate Information Systems
- Become proficient in all sales – related client and corporate information systems.
- Other duties, as required, related to Sales related systems or hotel operations.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Wyndham San Diego on the Bay, 1355 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, California 92101
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego