About the job
Dolce is now seeking a Sales Administration to join our team at Dolce Intl BMO Canada in Toronto, Ontario.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is searching for a Sales & Conference Planning Coordinator to work at BMO IFL property in Toronto, Ontario Canada. This position is administrative to increase effectiveness of the Sales & Conference Planning team, expedite the sales and planning process, reconcile data in Amadeus and Training Orchestra, and coordinate the client contract cycle as well as inquiries on conference space.
Education & Experience
• Candidates are required to have sound knowledge of F & B, Culinary and varied hospitality elements.
• Must have a minimum 3 years job related experience. In addition, basic knowledge in audiovisual, IT and technical terminology and application as it applies to meeting and conferences.
• Computer skills include proficiency with the Training Orchestra and Amadeus Sales/Catering System, minimum of Word, Excel and Outlook e-mail in Windows environment and a broad knowledge of the Internet.
• This position also requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; or post-secondary education in a related field. License, Registration, CMP or related designation not required but would be an asset. CMP designation becomes a requirement after 2 – 3 years employment with the company.
• Applicants are required to work weekday daytimes but must be flexible for occasional weekends and holidays. Bilingual skills (French/English) are a definite asset.
The offer of employment is conditional upon you having received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada, at least 14 days prior to your start date. When you commence employment, you will be asked to show your Ministry of Health vaccine proof before commencing employment.
Please do not email this to us as we will only observe the information and document that it has been seen. In the event you are not able to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected reason under the Human Rights Legislation, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.
If you request accommodation, we will follow up with you for further information if necessary.
May exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Always provide a Great Guest Experience.
• Protect the assets of the property.
• Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers and fellow associates.
• Follow policies and procedures in training manuals and the associate handbook.
• Always remember our partnership with our clients, fellow associates, and investors to provide quality service and maintain profitability.
• Establish self-improvement goals by staying current with necessary training requirements for this position.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards established by Dolce Hotels & Resorts, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
• Recognize that despite all efforts the company makes, the ultimate responsibility for employee health and safety rests directly with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all associates to conduct their duties in a safe and healthful manner.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Follows the Training Orchestra and Amadeus Standards as it relates to the use of the System and entering data accurately and consistent per the Standards.
• Review Amadeus “Tasks” on a consistent basis daily, reconcile data in Training Orchestra based on updates made in Amadeus.
• Reserve any guestroom and meeting room space and ensure correct financial information is updated in Amadeus booking for forecasting information
• Forward all prospective business for review and approval to appropriate Sales or Conference Manager
• Prepare and manage complete client proposal/contract cycle and send out follow-up emails, and First Right of Refusal requests as assigned
• Prepare and distribute cost estimates, proposals, contracts, addendums and the like to assist Sales Coordinator, Sales Managers and Conference Planners as requested
• Provide administrative support in the Sales and Conference Planning department, as necessary
• Ensure a smooth process when turning events over from Sales to Conference Managers
• Work closely with the Sales & Planning Department
• Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 28 of the OHSA and company/departmental health & safety policies and procedures are being followed.
• May be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Sales Specific Duties:
• Completing Special projects as assigned by DOSCP like Wyndham Referral Rewards Communications, preparing for Sales Blitzes, Client Events and Contact lists.
• Completing Third Party site RFPs such as GO Leads, Tourism Toronto and Cvent on occasion as assigned by DOSCP
• Input and update Training Orchestra and Amadeus to match with respect to event room, date and time as tasked by Sales team on a daily basis.
• Ensure financial information is updated within the Sales/Catering system for forecasting purposes
Conference Planning Duties:
• Create File Folders & Labels for Planners
• Input and update Training Orchestra and Amadeus to match with respect to event room, date and time as tasked by Planning team on a daily basis.
• Ensure that appropriate and sufficient spaces have been booked to accommodate requirements and offering alternative options when first choices are not available.
• Ensure financial information is updated within the Sales/Catering system for forecasting purposes.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Job Location: Dolce Intl BMO Canada, 3550 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M1W 3Z3
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
- Department: Sales