Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Senior Counsel, Legal to join our team in Parsippany, New Jersey.Why Wyndham?
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You’ll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you’ll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can’t wait to welcome you!The Role
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world's largest hotel franchising company by number of properties, with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of over 819,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. From big cities and small towns to beachfront resorts and highway hotels, our 22 brands, including a number of iconic ones, bring a diverse perspective to the travel experience.
We are looking for a Senior Counsel, Transactional to join our dynamic legal team. In this role, you will provide legal advice, including contract preparation and negotiation, for Global Sales, Distribution, Loyalty Partnership and other B2B relationships, Call Centers and other General Corporate contracts. You will report to Wyndham’s Senior Vice President, Marketing, Rev. Mgmt., Sourcing and IT.What you'll do
You'll be successful if you have
- Provide legal advice, including contract preparation and negotiation, for Global Sales, Distribution, Loyalty Partnership and other B2B relationships, Call Centers and other General Corporate contracts.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute transactions including Marketing, Loyalty, Operations, and IT, as well as coordinate with outside counsel.
- Develop and implement standardized templates and processes.
- Support corporate governance matters, the corporate secretary function and other related projects as requested from time to time.
- Ability to lead commercial transactions and work independently with minimal supervision and with high degree of initiative.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Track record of initiative, problem solving abilities and intellectual curiosity.
- Ability to promptly and effectively respond to questions and concerns from senior management.
- Organized self-starter and ability to prioritize workload and manage deadlines and independently develop solutions to adapt to unanticipated complexities or changing conditions.
- Ability to anticipate issues.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and exercise sound discretion and judgment in making decisions and performing duties.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Team Player.
- Hospitality or franchising industry experience a plus.
- Position is based in Parsippany, NJ; remote candidates will be considered.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Admission to NJ or another State Bar eligible for NJ in-house limited law license.
- A minimum of 7 years of commercial contracts experience in a multinational corporation or law firm.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 Employment Status:
Full-timeWhat we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
A Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.