Join Hosco and view Abdul's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am highly motivated and enthusiastic person ready to face new challenges and bring to bear an extensive and diverse professional experience. I work well as part of a team and e demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills in the work place
4 years and 7 months
Food and Beverage Assistant
Chef Kiko - Lisbon, PortugalF&B serviceSeptember 2018 - March 2019 · 7 months
• Preparing orders, advising customers on products, dealing with enquiries and complaints in person and on the phone. • Checking food quality, ensuring stock rotation of, signing check list.
Bitoque No Ponto - Lisbon, PortugalF&B serviceSeptember 2017 - June 2018 · 10 months
• Setting up and closing down sections, working alone on section when required, training new starters, taking stock counts. • Maintaining a high level of customer service and using diplomatic skills when faced with long queues of customers.
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire - Basingstoke, United KingdomF&B serviceJune 2013 - July 2015 · 2 years and 2 months
• Gained operational and supervisory experience through working throughout the prestigious Four Seasons restaurants, bistro, Bar and Banqueting department. This included preparation for the various facilities, managing staff and providing training for new staff. • Successfully completed Embark, LQA, Medallia training to the Four Seasons core standards. • I managed the Sunday Farmers Market Buffet Lunch of 200 guests; I looked after guests ensuring high standards of service and helped reduced food waste. • My hard work was demonstrated by my regular high Medallia scores which measured guest satisfaction and feedback. • Dealing with demanding and very often high profile guests in a stressful, fast-paced environment gave me the experience and opportunities to demonstrate my abilities: working to deadlines, dealing with difficult people and challenges, whilst maintaining exceptional standards of service at all times.
Renissance Heathrow Marriott Hotel - London, United KingdomF&B serviceJune 2012 - June 2013 · 1 year and 1 month
• The prestigious Marriott Hotel, the biggest hotel at Heathrow Airport, London. • I was team leader in the food and beverage department for the entire hotel, during the exceptionally busy time that England hosted the 2012 London Olympic Games. • Successfully managed and trained a team of 25 and was fully responsible for restaurant operations. • Trained in accounting and operations management, I learnt to effectively control departmental budgets and found creative ways of reducing labour costs. • I was awarded employee of the month for exemplary work and for the commitment dedication to my team.
Oxford Brookes University - Hospitality and Tourism Management - Oxford, United KingdomJanuary 2011 - December 2014
A broad degree course, covering the practical aspects of the hospitality industry as well as business, economics, law, management and computing. Management focused on managing commercial property in the hospitality industry to ensure that restaurants or hotels continue to meet the demands of the market; it involved developing an understanding of the widest aspects of the hospitality development process
Higher Secondary School Certificate.
Commerce College Bangladesh - Chittagong, BangladeshJanuary 2004 - December 2006
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
- Very competent with computers and databases.