Join Hosco and view Alberto's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Highly dedicated and energetic Front Office Manager with extensive experience in customer service and administration, and a dedication to excellence.
• Track record of success in managing front desk services, organising guest relations’ operations, and improving performance by standardising processes.
• Skilled in assisting senior management for introducing best marketing practices and recruitment strategies. Ability to identify root cause of issues and translate complex processes into clear and actionable steps.
• Expert in keeping accuracy and confidentiality of highly-sensitive data and documents and creating a stimulating, positive, and energetic working atmosphere for staff to exceed customer’s expectations.
• Reliable team member with effective organisational talents to establish relationships with clients and colleagues. Articulate and refined communicator with fluency in Spanish and English.
Front of House Manager
The Dixon Autograph Collection - London, United KingdomOtherJuly 2018 - Now · 6 months
The Dixon, a new boutique style hotel part of Autograph Collection by Marriott, is scheduled to open its doors in November 2018. Taking centre stage in the Tower Bridge neighbourhood on Tooley Street, The Dixon is set to be become a new cultural hub for the capitals centre of artistic activity. • Named after John Dixon Butler, the architect who originally constructed the building in 1905 as a Magistrates Court and police station, the hotel takes inspiration from the areas vibrant cultural heritage, while also capturing its new wave of creative cool. • The 193 rooms will redefine the traditional boutique hotel by seamlessly incorporating the local neighbourhoods culture through an artful mix of heritage design. Think simple brickwork, tall windows and modern furniture from British designers that will sit alongside more classic pieces, whilst curated artworks from local artists will hang on the walls. • Cleverly reflecting the buildings purpose as a courtroom, the restaurant will serve as a neighbourhood oasis that will welcome not only hotel guests but also the local trade.
Assistant Front Office Manager
Andaz London Liverpool Street - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionFebruary 2017 - July 2018 · 1 year and 6 months
- Deputy Department Head, jointly running a Front Office department of 32 with the FOM with tasks such as screening and interviewing new team members, scheduling and payroll, costs control, disciplinary hearings. Selected contributions: - Increased up-selling revenue in 48% and up-selling conversion rates in 1.7% in 2017, for a total result over £100k in revenue and an impact of £3,1 on the hotel REVPAR. - Obtained an average of 4.74 out of 5 on the Gallup Employee Engagement Survey for Front Office in 2017, the highest result by any department in the hotel in 10 years. -Shifted the team’s focus to a more service-oriented style inspired in Hyatt’s company purpose of care for people, achieving a Likelihood to Recommend % score of 69% in Medallia Guest Satisfaction Surveys in 2017, 14 points higher than the hotel average in the year prior. -Implemented a new internal competition scheme to boost the team’s loyalty membership capture, which resulted in an overall success rate of 21.6%, 14 points above 2016 results and 16 by mid-2018. - Led the team to achieving a 100% of our TOP50 guests with GEM (Guest Experience Management) Notes in 2017 and 2018, shared globally with all Hyatt properties and ranking 1st among all 63 hotels in the EAME region, coming back from a 61st spot in 2016.
Guest Services Manager
Andaz London Liverpool Street - Bristol, United KingdomFront Office receptionJanuary 2015 - March 2017 · 2 years and 3 months
Spent over a year in a Night Manager role, with an additional overview on Maintenance, Room Service and Housekeeping night operations. Selected contributions: -Restructured the Nights Front Office operation, writing and implementing over 20 new SOP as well as three new task lists. - Drove a team of 4 night hosts to contributing to nearly 15% of the total loyalty membership enrollments for the department. -Recruited and retained new staff, with two team members staying over 2 years with the company and promoted to Team Leader and Assistant Guest Relations Manager. - Covered tasks such as inventory management and daily pickup report in the absence of the hotel's Revenue Analyst.
Front Office Team Leader
Andaz London Liverpool Street - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionMarch 2014 - February 2015 · 12 months
Oversaw a team between four and eight Hosts daily to achieve optimal performance levels. Employed SMART objectives and carried out employee appraisals while still playing a part in the daily operation of the reception. Selected contributions: -Started and led a team taskforce that analysed Medallia Guest Satisfaction Surveys data and enabled Hosts to improve individual check-in and customer service ratings. -Credited for producing over £10k worth of up-selling revenue during my tenure.
Andaz London Liverpool Street - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionOctober 2012 - April 2014 · 1 year and 7 months
-Functioning in a combined role of Front Office/Guest Services Agent, Concierge and Porter at Hyatt Hotels ́s five-star lifestyle brand. -Assumed the role of Front Office Coordinator on a rotational basis, being responsible for the pre- blocking, actioning and monitoring of special requests; being the liaison between Housekeeping and Front Office on shift. -Filled in for the Reservations Coordinator when required, being the main link between hotel and Hyatt Central Reservations.
Rooms Division Intern
Hyatt Regency New Orleans - New Orleans, LA, United StatesRooms divisionAugust 2011 - September 2012 · 1 year and 2 months
-Part of the Grand Reopening Team of the 1,193-room property in October 2011. Rooms Division Internship with a focus in Front Office. -Hotel's first Night Auditor at grand reopening, collaborating on streamlining and testing the current standard Night Audit operations and procedures, as well as training coworkers on the role. -Named Hotel’s first Employee of the Month since its reopening in January 2012.
Front Office Clerk
Hotel Playa de Laxe - Laxe, SpainFront Office receptionApril 2010 - May 2011 · 1 year and 2 months
-All daily tasks in FO, cash handling, telephones, also worked at the Reservations Department dealing with T.O. and travel agencies, waiter/bartender in Cafeteria, night shifts and occasionally carrying out concierge services.
Plaza Alta Hotel Prague - Prague, CzechiaFront Office receptionDecember 2009 - May 2010 · 6 months
Participant on EU life-long learning initiative the 'Leonardo da Vinci Programme'.Hotel trainee in a 4-star hotel in Prague, in rotation in several departments: Reception, Reservations, Sales and Restaurant. In addition, assisted the staff on their daily activities when needed and received training on the Hotel Management Software “Fidelio”. Used English to communicate at all times as well as other languages when necessary to deal with customer enquiries. Obtained an EUROPASS Mobility Certificate.
Hotel Playa de Laxe - Laxe, SpainFront Office receptionSeptember 2009 - January 2010 · 5 months
All daily operations in FO, cash handling, telephones, end of day operations, security, next-day breakfast report and dining room set-up.
Universidade da CorunaSeptember 2005 - December 2008
SpanishNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
GalicianNative or fluent100%
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Customer sevice
- Front Desk
- Front Office
- Good interpersonal skills
- Guest experience
- Guest relation
- Guest Service Management
- Guest Services
- Microsoft Office
- Micros POS
- Opera OXI
- Opera PMS
- Revenue Analysis
- Rooms Division
- Staff development
- Staff Recruitment
- Team Leadership