Join Hosco and view Alexander's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Chef de partie
800 Degrees - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenNovember 2015 - Now · 3 years and 2 months
• Managing the kitchen porters • Manages the commissary team and makes sure that all orders requested from different restaurants are handed- over to the prep team • Making sure the kitchen is a safe and hygienic place to work • Organising the inventory, storage, and distribution of foodstuffs and supplies • Ensuring that all orders are according the par level. • Helping to plan menus, apportion ingredients and use food surpluses • Control portion costs by working out the number of portions per food batch • Prepares the weekly and monthly Rota of the team • Trains new staff and motivates the team • Supervising in labeling and stocking all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible • Makes sure that all kitchen staff adhere in measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking • Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines • To assist in the preparation of food • To assist in the serving of meals to clients, staff and others. • To clean the kitchen area (floors, cookers etc). • To assist in ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and food hygiene and to ensure that safe working practices are followed. To report any problems to the Chef in Charge. • Assist in stock taking and storage of stock, including checking deliveries • Attending training courses as appropriate. • To promote the general well being of service users and may be required to work with the client in the kitchen as appropriate
Chef de Partie
Mamma Mia - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenDecember 2012 - August 2015 · 2 years and 9 months
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices. • Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking. • Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience. • Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils. • Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils. • Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters and to patrons. • Does the inventory of stocks and ensures everything is in there which will be good for a week or even a month.
800 Pizza - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenNovember 2011 - November 2012 · 1 year and 1 month
• Prepare the mis-en-place and food production in different sections, especially PIZZA section. • Fairly Organized, Bringing all the elements of a meal together quickly and elegantly takes preparation and organization. • The ability to plan ahead which helps me mange my time better and keep me in a right mind with a high-pressure in the kitchen environment. • Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas. • Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases. • Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity. • Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils. • Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously. • Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared. Pre-cook items such as bacon, to prepare them for later use. • Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
Telepizza - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenAugust 2009 - October 2011 · 2 years and 3 months
• Leads and motivates team members in operational standards within the store. • Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations. • Files all the necessary documents such as employee files, invoice, inventory reports, ordering receipts and duplicating as well. • Trains newly employed staffs. • Assists supervisors regarding managerial reports. • Supervises the development and implementation of training programs. • Keep clean the assigned areas of the store. • Keeps track of the number of products and does daily inventory. • Make sure that all products being delivered are in their best quality and pass the standards of Telepizza. • Meeting with vendors and salespeople to order various food and supplies from various companies.
TagalogNative or fluent100%
- Time management skills
- waste control management