Join Hosco and view alexis's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
As an outgoing, hands on individual my aim is to find the right balance between the ability to walk the talk, share a corporate culture and achieve development goals in an ever-changing environment. Through emotional intelligence and people management as well as my strong leadership, and negotiation skills I am able to respond both successfully and efficiently to the demands of premium services for any given stakeholder in the hospitality industry.
Restaurant and Catering Manager
Club Med - EuropeOtherMarch 2014 - Now
- Overseeing complex food and beverage operations, offering high quality service (up to 3300 meals daily) by 60 team members spread over 4 outlets in a flagship property. - Optimization of daily operating procedures and strict controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, in order to optimize the following: Quality levels of product and service, Guest satisfaction and set operating costs and targets. - Efficient cost management whilst increasing customer satisfaction within the framework of set financial targets. - Maintaining statistical and financial records while ensuring compliance with the hotel chains’ policies, environmental, Health and safety and other statutory regulations. - Full Launch of a new restaurant concept.
Corporate Catering & Development Manager
Servair - EuropeOtherDecember 2012 - January 2014
- Management of 20 outlets and a production of 4,500 meals daily served by a guest oriented team of 230 members spread countrywide on an emerging Food & Beverage market in East Africa. - Optimization of the production process and intensive sales to ensure a growth of over 25% annually while achieving increased profitability . (incl. new SOP’s, reporting/ordering structures, innovative brand strategy development) - Business development in order to Initiate competitive projects to achieve targets, (including full market analysis, bidding, preparation of timelines, pro forma budgeting and contract negotiations.) - Contingency planning to ensure ongoing operations within a volatile political climate. (election period, terrorist attacks, airport burn down.)
Business development manager
KMD Consulting - EuropeOtherSeptember 2010 - December 2012
- Development of corporations/business structures in the Middle East and strategic investments consulting. Including the management of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures valued at up to $500 million and managing a portfolio of 30 established private and publicly traded companies for high profile Qatari partners - Advisory services to several facets in the private, government & non-government sector. sectors incl. contract negotiation, completing comprehensive due diligence and refined market research. - Managing a multicultural operational team of 15 people. - Keynote speaker and panelist for the International Chamber of Commerce in Qatar.
Corporate Management trainee - Conference & Banqueting
Kempinski Hotels - Emirates Palace - EuropeOtherJanuary 2009 - August 2009
- Negotiation, planning, follow up and supervision of MICE, royal weddings, diplomatic delegations, Ramadam, fashion shows and live concerts.
Demi chef de partie (entremets –Fish)
Pacha Group - Crystal - EuropeOtherAugust 2006 - January 2007
•Kitchen established by Alain Ducas. (Average of 140 pax/ night) •Assisting in all kitchen related activities including ordering for supplies and budget control, mise en place, planning of menus and enforcing health and safety standard within the kitchen. •Assisting with the selection and training of other kitchen staff.
Front Office Coordinator
Relais & Châteaux - Villa Des orangers - EuropeOtherApril 2006 - July 2006
•To ensure that all Departments under our supervision are successful through planning, organizing, directing and controlling all aspects related to the revenues and operating expenses possible. ( Rooms , Restaurants, Pool, Housekeeping, spa) •Ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and maintain consistent with our hotel standards, as well as the relationship between front-and back of the house. •To audits the daily guest ledger of the hotel to verify and balance entries.
Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne - Lausanne, SwitzerlandJanuary 2007 - June 2009
DutchNative or fluent100%