Join Hosco and view Alimatou's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Experience waitress / hostess with over 13 active years in service, working with diverse cultures including the Japanese, French, English and Brazilian restaurants serving full time and playing key roles in the team and customers satisfaction. I hope to get employment in a restaurant / Hotel to show case my talent and improve myself as well while giving guest the best service required. I am ready to relocate and available to start immediately.
Waitress / Hostess / Receptionist
Akwa Palace Hotel - Douala, CameroonFront Office receptionFebruary 2010 - January 2018 · 7 years and 12 months
● Welcome guest in to the restaurant and make sure they are well settled and comfortable. ● Presents the menu to customers, answers queries about it, and makes suggestions if necessary taking into consideration the special for the day, up selling as well. ● Takes orders from customers for food and beverages, writes down or memorize the orders; and enters information into the computer for transmittal to the kitchen ● Serves food and beverages promptly ● Ensures that customers are enjoying their meals or that they do not have any problem with their food ● Checks their identification to make sure that they meet the minimum age requirement for consuming alcoholic beverages ● Collects the customers’ payments and prepares bills with itemized costs and appropriate taxes ● Prepares and tidies up the tables or counters; makes sure there are enough salt, sugar, pepper, cream, other condiments and napkins in every table or counter. ● Ensures that there are adequate supplies of food, tableware, linens, and beverages ● Offers wine selections, put this in the proper wine glass, and pour the wine for customers ● Performs other tasks assigned by supervisor or manager from time to time.
Housekeeping Room Attendant
Akwa Palace Hotel - Douala, CameroonHousekeepingAugust 2004 - January 2010 · 5 years and 6 months
• Assigned to specific shifts and room blocks based on abilities and daily requirements. • Worked with front desk to respond promptly to all guest requests. • Maintained controls over expenses and inventory for optimal budget tracking. • Communicated repair needs to maintenance staff. • Trained and mentored all new personnel to maximize quality of service and performance. • Placed orders for housekeeping supplies and guest toiletries. • Drove improvements to workflow and room turnover with hands-on, proactive management style. • Escorted guests to their assigned rooms, including transporting their luggage. • Resolved service-related problems in a timely manner.
Higher National Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
CAMEROON OPORTUNITIES INDUSTRILISATION CENTRE, - Buea, CameroonOctober 2002 - June 2004
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- • Social perceptiveness • Check-in and check-out