Join Hosco and view Alwin's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Seeking for a position as a Cost Controller in a progressive organization where I can use my vast experience and the knowledge which I have gained in the field of Hospitality during past More than ten years in both F&B Service and Cost Controlling for the profit of the organization. My management skills and creativity should assist me in participating in organizational development.
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingApril 2017 - Now · 1 year and 8 months
• Control the Food and Beverage outlets in terms of wastage. • Prepare Flash Cost for food & beverage and communicating with F&B Department. • Update and maintain receipts into the systems (FMC). • Check and verify voids in the POS systems.(Micross) • Check and verify discounts on the POS systems. • Check and verify any happy hours discounts. • Check and verify all complimentary sales in POS systems. • Check and verify all staff meals and staff discounts. • Check and verify all Package meals. • Check and verify all settlements done on the POS system. • Check and verify for any Open postings items . • Check the cost of sales in all F&B outlets and ensure that the costs are within budget. • Check the menu pricing on the POS systems and ensure the correct prices are loaded. • Check the restaurant and bar checks on daily. • Check the complimentary and confirm that all are approved. • Daily Import of Micros Sales to Materials Control system. • Responsible for linking the articles and Recipes in Material Control. • Responsible for monthly F&B Report and distribute to management. • Responsible for surprise spot checks at all F&B outlets. • Prepare the daily and monthly cost report department in relation to cost of sales. • Spot check on the receiving department to ensure that the scales are correct and goods are checked for quality. • Check and ensure that no material is issued out from the store without requisition or approval from the respective department head. • Check and ensure all menu items have a recipe. • Coordinate with restaurant management and finance to sort out issues relating to F&B. • Update selling prices in POS as per the instruction from authorised persons. • Maintain the security of the information held by the department. • Responsible to maintain the Menu Pricing, Consumption and POS systems.
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceMay 2013 - August 2017 · 4 years and 4 months
• Communicate service needs to chefs and stewards throughout functions. • Total charges for group functions, and prepare and present checks to group contacts for payment. • Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction. • Set tables according to type of event and service standards. • Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. • Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day. • Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. • Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. • Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. • Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. • Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. • Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. • Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Albustan Rotana - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceDecember 2012 - May 2013 · 6 months
• Report to work in proper uniform and grooming. • Check that bar is clean, and ready for operation. • Attend daily briefing and inform to seniors and all staff about specialty drinks and non- availabilities in bar. • Report on time to designated work area as per work schedule. • Delight the guest by offering trend setting and innovative products and services and contribute to sale activities and assist in maximizing revenue. • Extend prompt service to the all the guests. Treat the guests and colleagues in a polite And courteous manner. • Perform the entire necessary task to service beverages according to the standard of performance manual of the hotel. • Achieve total guest satisfaction and organizational profitability through effective utilization of the resource. • Setup the bar and prepare all settings for the service. • Making cocktails and moktails as per order. • Supervise the outlet in absence of supervisor.
AL NASR LEISURE LAND - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceApril 2007 - November 2012 · 5 years and 8 months
• Report to work in proper uniform and grooming. • Make sure that bar is clean wiped, well stoked and presentable. • Prepare garnish, lime juice and fresh juice. • Stack beer and soft drinks in cooler. • Making cocktails and moktails as per order. • Answer the question about menu items. • Take orders for food and pass these to the staff responsible for food preparation. • To collect glasses from counter and from the bar itself, washing glasses and replacing glasses on racks and in storage areas ready for use. • Take stock inventory beer, liquor, wine and mixer at the end of the operation. • Extend prompt service to the all the guests. Treat the guests and colleagues in a polite And courteous manner.
CORAL LOUNGE NIRVANA BHAVAN - Mumbai, IndiaF&B serviceJanuary 2004 - March 2016 · 12 years and 3 months
• Welcome guests and make them feel comfortable. • Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages. • Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff. • Take orders from guest for food or beverages. • Describe and recommend wines to customers. • Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. • Serve food and beverages to customer, prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required. • Deliver beverages and food in a timely manner • Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers • Check-in with guests to ensure that everything is going well. • Clear dirty dishes from table. • Refill beverages throughout the meal. • Deliver guest’s bill and thank them for dining at the restaurant. • Work with other servers and be a team player.
Mangalore University - Hospitality and Tourism ManagementJune 1999 - May 2002
HSC in Commerce
Mangalore University - Mangaluru, IndiaJuly 1998 - April 1999
Mangalore University - Mangaluru, IndiaJune 1996 - March 1997
- F&B micros
- FMC Purchasing System
- micros fidelio system
- Microsoft Office