Join Hosco and view Amiel Dexter's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
• Self-motivated with high energy, initiative, and focus, keen insight into the needs and views of others – able to listen and identify issues and problem areas and form innovative solutions, professional and articulate in a presentation.
• Successful in building and motivating dynamic teams. Cultivates a company culture in which staff members feel comfortable voicing questions as well as contributing new ideas that drive company growth.
Director Of Housekeeping
Al Ain Rotana - Al Ain, United Arab EmiratesHousekeepingApril 2017 - Now · 1 year and 10 months
• Manage the Housekeeping and Laundry operations. • Conduct interview, selection for new colleagues. • Maintain a close communication with Front Office and Revenue Departments to ascertain and meet anticipated Guest check-ins and outs, VIP arrivals and group bookings. • Communicate regularly with the Engineering Department to ensure smooth flow of repair work and adequate completion of daily maintenance tasks and preventive maintenance jobs. • Organise and manage linen inventories for Guest rooms and assist with Food & Beverage linen inventories to ensure adequate inventory levels are maintained. • Maintain the inventory of Guestrooms, Cleaning Supplies and Laundry Supplies ordering replacements when necessary, whilst keeping a strict control on expenses to ensure within set budget. • Prepare the Annual Housekeeping & Laundry (FF&E) and Operating Equipment Budget and make recommendations for the modernization of equipment, methods or supplies. • Meeting with supplier and consultants to keep informed about the developments. • Prepare and update monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue forecast for Laundry and Expense forecast for Housekeeping and Laundry. • Weekly one-on-one meeting with the GM or EAM. • Prepare vacation plan for the 66 colleagues. • Attend quarterly gathering for long-staying guests arranged by the Sales Department. • Create and update Policies and SOP’s. • Lead and organize programme for colleagues’ welfare such as Housekeeping and Laundry Appreciation Week, Colleague Recognition and Engagement Week, Annual Parties and to enhance team building activities. • Ensure EHS policies, ISO 14001, Risk Assessment registers are well-implemented.
Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Al Ain Rotana Hotel - Al Ain, United Arab EmiratesHousekeepingMarch 2015 - March 2017 · 2 years and 2 months
Manage the supervision of all Housekeeping Supervisors, Housekeeping Attendants, Linen Attendants, Tailor, Cleaners and Order Takers • Inspect rooms and public areas as well as VIP rooms prior to arrival to ensure standards are maintained. Investigate any complaints to ensure Guest satisfaction is maintained • Screen and interview applicants and communicate hiring decisions to the Department Head and the Human Resources Department • Plan and prepare weekly work schedules as well as vacation schedules • Conduct Mid-year and Annual Performance Review to all colleagues. • Monitor monthly expenses to ensure that it is in line with the budget • Coordinate with Engineering on rooms for preventive maintenance • Train Employees and evaluate performance throughout the year by using a variety of methods and coach poor performers as required by providing feedback and guidance to ensure standards are followed • Conduct Room Linen inventory and monitor quality of uniforms • Recommend new items to be purchased to the Department Head in preparation of the Annual Departmental FF&E and Operating Budgets • Solve problems effectively through the use of up to date product knowledge and creative problem solving techniques • Perform Manager on Duty as scheduled by the Executive Office
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHousekeepingAugust 2012 - February 2015 · 2 years and 7 months
• Snagging of all the guestrooms and public area and ensure “Everything is in working order”. • Responsible of providing induction plans for the new hire. • Interview applicants and take part of the selection and hiring process. • Train associates in proper procedure in cleaning guestrooms, proper usage of chemicals, proper usage and maintenance of cleaning equipments. • Create training development plan to every associate. • Responsible for Induction Plans for new hire, create development plan. • Create monthly training calendar for all housekeepers. • Submit monthly training progress report of associates to Learning and Development. • Oversee and monitor breaking of the house, general cleaning, balcony cleaning, carpet shampooing, and marble polishing project and to ensure records are up to date. • Oversee lost and found logbook, inquiries, mail logs, hand over report and ensure they are properly upheld. • Ensure guestroom checklists are conducted to every housekeeper by shift leaders and supervisors. • Carry out Brand Standard Checks on the department. • Conduct daily briefings, training and relay relevant messages to the housekeepers, shift leaders and supervisors. • Ensure guests’ special requirements are attended. • Check VIP rooms and ensure impeccable stay. • To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. • Ensure proper numbers of staff are scheduled for daily operations. • Hold team meetings and produce an action plan for the Director of Services and ensure these are followed up. • Ensure ISO 14001 policies and procedures are being followed.
- Cleaning Equipment Knowledge
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Customer focus
- Drive for Results
- Managing Operations
- Opera PMS
- Team Building