Join Hosco and view Ansal's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Dynamic and innovative 18 years working Experience with an accomplished career in Star Hotel business, including operations and administration techniques such as manpower planning, operations level forecast, process improvements, capacity of planning etc. Strategic planning, operation management, extensive qualifications in development and leaderships of business opportunities including designing, pre-opening & grand opening for the star hotel properties and own standard setting for the different star level hotels (standard setting depends upon country standard, rules & regulation of the place or country) setting standard for operations, sales & marketing, negotiation with business giants, importance of customers satisfaction, inventory control, training to hotel staff, how to reduce expenses, time management, how to set bench mark for the standard, and interview skills. Proven track record for delivering revenue growth through expertise in new hotel business developments, identifying and capitalizing on market opportunities as per market situations etc..
Regional Operations Manager
One to One Hotels & Resorts - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaAdministration & GeneralNovember 2015 - Now · 3 years and 4 months
Regional Operations Manager of all One to one Hotels and Resorts Groups in Eastern province of Saudi Arabia, currently we are operating one four star Hotel and Two 3 stars apartments in Eastern province. Two more Hotels are ready to operate within 4 months (Final stage). Responsible for complete operations for all Hotels in One to one group , signing contract with new Hotel owners , planning for new Hotels , pre opening etc….. in eastern province under one to one chain, control of all hotels operational activities including all General Managers , executives, supervisors & staff, and reporting to C.O.O, submitting business results and other related matters, time to time. • Daily briefing with General Managers to discuss all operational issues via Skype. • Checking daily occupancy report for each property. • Checking Daily & Monthly Income Reports. • Checking Daily & Monthly Purchase Reports. • Checking all the audited bills for payments. • Analysis of Daily & Monthly Profit & Loss Statement received from the Accounts Dept. • Analysis of Audited Daily & Monthly Sales Reports. • Checking the weekly and monthly projection of the occupancy level. • Checking up the Guest feed backs & follow up of issues or suggestions mentioned by the Guest and solving the issue, if any, on the spot. • Forecast trend in occupancy, budget for room sales average rate and other revenues for all properties. • Developments and implementing strategies to a larger market segments and attract new customers and companies to our all properties. • Create a Good & Healthy working environment to boost employee morale & provide constant learning skills and self-developments to draw an action plan for each property. • Develop and implement strategies for optimization of sale of room’s inventory and maximization of average room rate for each property. • Monitor daily performance and manage revenues through yield management techniques. • Review the monthly business report and analyze market and occupancy trends. • Monitor the business of competition hotels & Apartments in term of new accounts and rates. • Ensure the stocks provisions & stock Inventory is made to have smooth operations in all areas concerned. • Proper stock provisions arrangements are made available for the all working operational areas. • Time to time proper maintenance work is carried out in rooms as well as on others areas concerned for all properties. • Weekly surprise visiting to each property to check with the proper provisions provided such as bed linens and other supplies in respect of customers comfortable stay. • Surprise check at the functional areas, to ensure that the areas are manned and proper cleanliness is maintained. • Staff supervisors and executive uniforms are checked and ensure that they wear clean & neat ironed uniforms. • Training programs are conducted to our staff & executives to have effective working environment & smooth systematic operating systems. • Time to Time security measurements Skills are taught to avoid anti social elements. • Conduct Training program and fire safety drill on Fire fighting methods for proper knowledge & how to handle / apply them in case of fire. • Arranging monthly group meetings for General Managers to discus all operational issues and solving challenging issues for them. • Arranging monthly group financial meetings to check financial status of books of accounts to know the outstanding payments receivable & outstanding Bills Payable. • Attending monthly meeting with the owners to discuss operational issues and P&L • Developing & maintaining relationships with the Embassies, Top Business Tycoons, Corporate Clients, Travel & Tour Agents, Event Management Companies & Reservation Agents/ Companies for room bookings etc. • Planning and executing advertisements of the hotel for sales and business promotion. • Directly reporting to the Chief Operating officer of the One to one and Hotel Owners on daily basis.
Howdaj Hotel - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaAdministration & GeneralSeptember 2013 - October 2015 · 2 years and 2 months
E.A.M and Head Of Sales & Marketing
Coral International Hotel Al Khobar - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaAdministration & GeneralNovember 2011 - August 2012 · 10 months
• Formulated Sales & Marketing strategies and organized promotional activities including drafting advertizing plans for the entire hotel specially the Rooms & Food & Beverage Departments. • Played a major role in re-standardizing the hotel’s outlets and undertook complete re-organization of the departmental structures. • Opened multipurpose Banqueting Hall with 500pax capacity, 3 meeting rooms & terrace. • Organized Ramadan Iftar with an average of 250 covers per day and with total revenue of SAR 825,000/-. • Efficiently handled re-conceptualization of the hotel’s entire banqueting operations and sales team. • Renovated whole 4floors and rooms within 7 months. • Providing needful and timely advice to the Rooms Division Department and assisting in the formulation of plans and procedures to deal with related issues & concerns. • Accountable for day to day operations of the hotel including managing and directing various departments. • Inspecting and reporting damages concerning to individual rooms and completing online work order for ‘Prepare for Occupancy’. • Ensuring effective maintenance of safety and security concerns. • Available 24x7 to responding emergency calls. • Ensuring the employees are constantly motivated, trained and skilled at all levels. • Maintaining healthy and positive working relationships with Supervisors, Departments Heads and other influential personnel. • Adhering to operational policies and standards, both international and domestic. • Handling responsibilities of the General Manager in his absence and will be responsible for day to day business.
Assistant Director of Sales & Marketing
Holiday Inn Al Khobar Corniche - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaAsset ManagementMarch 2010 - November 2011 · 1 year and 10 months
• 5 star hotel with186 rooms • The biggest banquet hall in Al Khobar can hold (1200 Pax Theater style) • Handling Corporate and Oil & gas accounts including Saudi Aramco. • Assisting DOSM to Preparing Sales& Marketing Business plan & yearly budget. • Assisting DOSM to Marketing materials for new promotion and flyers. • Assisting DOSM to arrange for the media & advertising process. • Assisting DOSM to carry out the sales strategy development for all applicable markets. • Covering the GCC area in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Dubai , Kuwait and Oman for the following segments: Travel agent in each country and handle their leisure groups. Covering the government segment in GCC countries. Handling the groups coming throw the various companies. • Holding all sales & Marketing tasks for enhancing the hotel position in market competition Achieves budgeted goals by executing sales activities within assigned market segment of business individuals and business groups within KSA, GCC and Bahrain. • Maintains and develops up to date and accurate account and account contact information within Opera Sales and catering program. • Gives current and new details regarding key accounts / contact for use in hotel mailing database – updating information on a weekly basis. • Coordination for Banquet operations, Charge for all the marketing & Advertising process. • Implementing On & Off Job Training for the sales department. • In-Charge of the department if DOSM is away. • Working according to the policy and procedures set down for contracting groups business. • Develops a data file and recommends programs to best suit clients needs. • Prepares proposals with the Director of Sales and Marketing that are geared to maximize profit whilst satisfying guest needs. • Achieve Group target and outside sales call targets as assigned by the DOSM to solicit existing and new accounts and business.
Sr. Sales Manager
Coral International Hotel Al Khobar - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaSales & MarketingFebruary 2008 - February 2010 · 2 years and 1 month
Coral International Hotel Al Khobar - Al Khobar, Saudi ArabiaSales & MarketingFebruary 2007 - February 2008 · 1 year and 1 month
Master of Hotel and Catering Management
Academy of Hotel Management and Catering industry - Poznań, PolandMarch 1994 - March 1996
Bachelor of Commerce
University of Kerala - Thiruvananthapuram, IndiaSeptember 1990 - September 1993
- Business Development
- Hotel Operations
- identifying and Capitalizing Market Opportunities
- Interview Skills
- Manpower planning
- Pre opening experience
- Sales & Marketing
- Standard setting
- strategic planing
- Training and Development
- Yeild Managememnt