Join Hosco and view Antony's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
My leadership skills are developed and have allowed me to spontaneously interact with ethnic diverse populations and all age groups.
I am a motivator and an organizer, these skills have enabled me to effectively defuse problem situations with customers in a tactful manner. Teamwork is another skill I have acquired and one I know is necessary to get the job done correctly, and I am eager to learn new skills
Focused with diverse industry experience in handling food safety , occupational Safety ,environmental safety aspects.
EHS Officer (Hygiene & Food safety Manager)
Rotana Hotels & Resorts - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceOctober 2016 - Now · 2 years and 4 months
Accountable for the conformity with all corporate, federal, and local sanitation, food safety, health, safety, and environmental requirements. Coordinated diversified EHS officer duties, including identifying safety concerns, reporting findings to supervisors while ensuring adherence to EHS policies and procedures. Develop and implement EHS management system according to OSHAD standards and hotel requirements. Analyse health and safety conditions and recommended changes to eliminate risks. Establish and sustain zero-incident safety culture by planning and executing innovative EHS programs. Coach and mentor staff members regarding food, safety, hygiene, and environmental standards
Abudhabi National Hotels - Al Ain, United Arab EmiratesOtherApril 2015 - October 2016 · 1 year and 7 months
• In cooperation with the Group HSE function, assist with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the HSE management system, programs and processes. • Directs the resources and activities of the Restaurant Group to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Company Senior Management • Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Hotel to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs • Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate • Conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments • Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness • Stay abreast of current and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position • Conduct site visits/audits • Participate/attend industry related conferences when requested to do so • Co-ordinate, oversee and ensure the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment within the respective SBU/SSU • Conduct Risk Assessment periodically and ensure identified risks are managed and controlled • Chair the monthly HSE committee meeting and raise and deliberate with committee on any HSE issues • Monitor trends and recommend pro-active action plans to remedy potential problems • Facilitate, investigate and analyses incidents/accident and make sure lessons learned are shared and communicated to the concern parties, verify the continuing implementation and effectiveness of the Operations with regards to HSE. • Implement and manage Near-Miss reporting and other Hazard Identification programs • Manage all Occupational Health and Safety & hygiene related matters • Review, assist and coordinate all Fire, Life Safety procedures in conjunction with Security & Technical Support departments • Carry out investigate all alleged food poisoning cases • Assist the F&B team in HACCP implementation and certification • Monitor and ensure Health and Safety related equipment's are compliant to local legislation and international standards, and have the required maintenance and third party certification • Carry out HSE training such as Near Miss, Risk Assessment, Environmental awareness, etc. for all the colleagues. • Ensure Senior Management's involvement and awareness in Health, Safety & Environment Management System (HSEMS) and issues through training, inspections, communications, and direct coaching. • Manage and coordinate HSE Audit, third party visits related to HSE. This will include visits by the authorities, ensure all HSE activities are in accordance with the local legislation and ADNH Standards. • Manage and ensure the HSE yearly strategy is implemented by all departments, liaise with HODs to ensure that HSEMS, programs and initiatives meet HSE standards. • Produce monthly HSE reports and identify trends and occurrences • Communicate information to relevant parties such as the Executive Committee, Group HSE and insurers. • Ensure monthly Executive Summary is updated and sent with regards to any HSE related matters • Inspect large function venues to ensure that it falls within the HSE guidelines, including the food hygiene and Fire and Safety. • Observe and report on emergency procedures, drills, practices, etc. • Communicate frequently with management to report on the status of health and safety, environment. • Examine Health & Safety related documentation and records to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and good practice. • Arrange audits preparation of all food and beverage outlets, kitchens and other food related areas • Check the plans, set up and operations of functions/events taking place with in new restaurant sides. • Maintain, vaccination and EFST certification of the staffs.
NCC - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenApril 2014 - April 2015 · 1 year and 1 month
• Implementing / maintaining HACCP, Food Safety and Personal Hygiene Standards • Ensuring food safety management system manual and standard food safety procedures as per local and internal guidelines • Implementing systems and conducting regular checks to ensure food handlers are adhering to good food and personal hygiene practices, during food preparation. • Carrying out internal inspections & Food Hygiene Audits in all food preparation rooms. • Developing, implement, reviewing and updating the food safety management system procedures, in accordance with local regulations and international standards. • Training food handlers in Essential Food safety as per local authority standards. • Managing day to day activities of Food Safety and maintaining Hygiene records, appropriately. • Monitoring and verifying that food is received, handled, prepared, stored, transported and served always in a satisfactory manner, in accordance with the Food Safety & HACCP Rules & Regulations. • Conducting supplier audits to approve food suppliers • Providing awareness trainings as per training schedule for all food handlers Making food safety and HACCP training plans for food handlers • Investigating food safety complaints, and reporting to management • Auditing all food preparation areas and reporting findings and liaise with the concerned departments on consistent preventive / corrective actions. • Maintaining Environment Health and Safety standards in the location as per legal guidelines. • Assessing hazards and conducting risk assessment on health and safety as per local authority standards • Liaising inspections and statutory requirements from the relevant Government Authorities, and External Auditors of food safety systems • Auditing on Environment Health and safety and reporting findings and liaise with the concerned departments on consistent preventive / corrective actions. • Making standard operating procedure for EHS as per local regulations • Implementing EHS guidelines in location and liase with external auditors • Coordinating the activities of safe codes of practices, accidental prevention and environmental protection and control program. • Implementation IMS ( Integrated Management System) In the Camp Area. • Monitoring of food items and premixes at regularly and clear out any issues raised. • Taking Food Sample and Water sample for Laboratory test,take the corrective measure as per the result. • Assisting ISO,ADFCA, Civil Defense, Zone Corp certification body’s during inspection and follow up their requirements • Taking Tool Box Talk for Catering , Housekeeping and Maintenance Department by daily. • Deals with audits like ISO 22000,14001, OSHAD,ADEHS standards in location. • Coordinate with Client Manager, Client QHSE Department, Company Operation Manager, Company QHSE Manager for Fire accidents, Environmental pollution and other emergency situations. • Conducting routine QHSE Inspection, prepare reports, with recommendation, corrective action and target dates and follow up on the close outs. • Preparing Monthly Statistical Reports, such as Man Hours worked, LTI's, Near Misses, Vehicle Activities, Fuel consumptions etc. submit to client QHSE Department and company QHSE Manager. • Conduct Monthly Walk down and coordinate the points with operation side and improving weak areas. • Investigating all accidents and Incidents happened Kitchen and other Camp Area and submitting report to Client QHSE Department and Company QHSE Manager. • Find out the root cause and preventive measures of all the incidents. • Preparing KPI (Key Performance Index) Report on monthly basis • Preparing Monthly utility cost of the unit and send to QHSE manager and conduct refresher trainings for any cost deaviation. • Preparing Waste Management Report on Monthly basis. • Conducting Mock Drill on Monthly basis. • Checking and Updating the Food Handlers Certificate, EFST certificates those who are working inside the Kitchen, service and ware houses. • Issuing Permit to work for Lifting activities, Confined area work and other Light and hard works. • Giving Food Safety Induction for Food Handlers and Camp Safety Induction for residents. • Monthly Fire Safety Equipment’s inspection, report preparation and submitting to Client HSE and Company HSE Dept. • Inspecting Vehicle Sanitization and transportation conditions.
EXECUTIVE QUALITY AND R&D
M.V.J FOODS & BEVERAGES - Chennai, IndiaF&B otherDecember 2012 - March 2014 · 1 year and 4 months
• Responsible for Overall QC, QA of Regulatory Compliance for the organization • Develop and monitor the best case QC/QA systems in manufacturing locations, 3rd party vendors and distribution locations • Regular visits to all manufacturing locations and vendor audits for all Raw Material Finished Products. • Inspect and ensure Hygiene status of plant and surroundings during processing. • Adherence, maintenance and execution of all regulatory compliance such as FSSAI, Legal Meteorology etc. • Lead and develop the QC Team as an independent and vigilant team that monitor quality all points from raw material to shelf constant quality improvement. • Implementation of highest food quality certifications such as FSSI, ISO 2200, HACCP etc. • Overall responsible for product quality and is responsible for any quality complaint. • Vehicle hygiene monitoring • Assist R&D Works • Incoming Inspection Monitoring. Final Product Inspection & Lab Analysis:- Analyzing parameters like Curcumin, Piperie, Spectro photometer for colour analysis,Physical matters ,Sudan para sudan, Volatile oil content, Non volatile oil ether extract, Salt content, Acidity, Moisture, Total Ash, Acid insoluble ash, Added colour, Microbial, Crude fiber, Organoleptic tests, Basic knowledge of GC,HPLC etc. • Liaison with Spices Board, Certifying Bodies, Implementation of ISO22000. • Management Representative for ISO 9001:2008, Food Safety Team Leader. • Plan, schedule and organize the work of the shift. • Provide on the job training to the employees. • Lead the R&D team towards system & procedural improvements. • Plan R&D road map as per organization target • ERP System reporting:-Reporting the quality of the product and there by taking decisions of acceptance, rejection , Production related data through Enterprise ResourcePlanning system (ERP) • Control of total Hygiene. • Data entry and record maintains related to production , blending and quality records
Elite Foods India Pvt Ltd - Mumbai, IndiaF&B kitchenJune 2012 - December 2012 · 7 months
• To initiate corrective measures in case of deviations. • Carry out calibration of testing equipment’s. • Ensure cleaning activity in filling lines. • To ensure start up& shut down protocol. • To coordinate for the product release. • As per the requirement of FSSA Traceability to be maintained. • Schedule to be followed strictly for Cleaning and Sanitation Sterilization for the process equipment’s. • Online Checks/Blowing Parameters/GV/Temp /Analysis to be carried out strictly as per FSSAI, Records to be maintained. • Start time and Finish time should be available across the process and production. • GMP Maintained across production. • Monitoring and Control of Ovens data recorder/data logger etc records to be maintained. • Documentation and Recordkeeping • Checking quality of raw and finished food products • Conduct analytical tests of raw and finished food products • Control of Production • SAP System reporting:-Quality approval/ Rejection, material issuing, checking the dispatch movement using SAP software. • Responsible for safe storage of finished products. • Vehicle inspection.
Bsc.L-6 Occupational Safety and Health
British Safety Council - Manchester, United KingdomDecember 2018 - Now
Higher degree in the field of Occupational Safety
IRCA Lead Auditor all major International Stanadrd
IRCA - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesMay 2017 - June 2017
ISO 22000 FSMS,ISO14001,ISO 45001,ISO 9001.
Msc. Food Science & Nutrition
Bharathiar - Tamilpadi, IndiaJuly 2010 - April 2012
MG - Kerala, IndiaJune 2007 - May 2010
EnglishNative or fluent100%
MalayalamNative or fluent100%
HindiNative or fluent100%
- Environmental Awareness
- Food Safety&Hygiene;
- Food safety level 4
- NEBOSH standards
- Quality Management