Join Hosco and view Aphelele's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am seeking employment with a company where I can use my talents and skills to grow a challenging environment, building the success of the company while I experience advancement opportunities.
I want to excel in this field with hard work, perseverance and dedication.
I want a highly rewarding career where I can use my skills and knowledge to help the company and my coworkers be successful where I can use my experience and education to help the company meet and surpass its goals.
4 years and 3 months
Guest Relations Officer
Cape Milner Hotel - Cape Town, South AfricaFront Office receptionNovember 2017 - Now · 2 years and 2 months
• Evaluate arrival list every morning and welcome Guests • Jump and Check-in Guest as an extra hand • Allocate rooms according to guests needs and pay attentions to requests and requirements. • Attend to VIP guests and be of their assistance • Do the rooms drops and deliver massages or letter to the required rooms. • Prepare Welcome/Welcome back letters for each guest • Introduce the Hotel to every arrival and tell them about the amenities, area and venues and promote services • Anticipate guest needs and build rapport with customers • Offer assistance with airport transfers and Airport check- in • Address previous complain guests and ensure a pleasant stay, deal with all complains. • Draft and Present a weekly Feedback report. • Check-on each review and update the Profiles on Opera review from Trip Adviser, Booking.com extranet, Google my Business, Expedia, Guestrevu and Guests interactions on Departure. • Ensure Guests are happy with our service at all times. • The main purpose of me is Return Guests, they will never come back if they were not happy.
Hostess/Guest relations Officer
Cape Town Taj - Cape Town, South AfricaF&B otherJuly 2016 - November 2017 · 1 year and 5 months
• Meet and Greet Guests • FnB cashier and manages prelist • Dealing with almost all the paperwork, printer, computer and typing • Offer consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service , ask about their stay and create small conversations • Be available for guests at all times as a point of contact • Maintain effective communication with all related departments to ensure a smooth service delivery • Extend personal service and attention to all guests, with particular emphasis our VIP Guests • Escort guests to the breakfast area and mark down their room number • Maintain an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services and supply information and respond to guest queries • Deal promptly, efficiently and pleasantly with any queries
Kwatlano travel agent - Cape Town, South AfricaFront Office conciergeFebruary 2016 - July 2016 · 6 months
• Travel Agent consultant • Concierge Desk • Check with opera for new Arrivals, Transfers, transport pick-up and drop-off requests and Journal. • Ensuring that bookings are up to date and 100%. • Checking with bookings made by emails at all times • Online bookings for tours and transfers • Check with the client the correct time of departure. • Confirm with google of flight details. International must be at the airport 2 hours before, and domestic an hour before. • Incoming international and Local calls • Inform guests about tours
Eurocentres Language Language - Cape Town, South AfricaFront Office receptionOctober 2015 - March 2016 · 6 months
• Welcoming International Students, Taking them for a short tour around the school and showing them important places around the school like Police station, Restaurants, Tourism Offices, Western Union as well as embassy. • Take students for real tours like visiting most Famous Cape Town Attractions. • Helping as a receptionist, do filling, answering incoming calls to main Switchboard, screening. • Assisting clients entering the office • Handling queries or complaints from students • handing out Welcome Packs; Assisting with any issues that may arise; Taking their picture for Student Cards; Scanning Passports for In-house records; Booking airport transfers • Making bookings for activities/excursions for students • Record-Keeping of all student files (electronically and manually) • Taking minutes in staff meetings. • Daily checking the exchange rates for Dollar and Euro • Printing WIFI vouchers for students and teachers
Diploma in Tourism Management
Cape Peninsula University of Technology - Cape Town, South AfricaJanuary 2014 - September 2017
Native or fluent