Join Hosco and view Aqeel's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
An enthusiastic manager with drive, determination and a proven ability to ensure that a place operates efficiently and profitably. Having a track record of maximizing guest satisfaction and profitability whilst maintaining high standards of food and service and also present a positive and fashionable image of the business. Now looking for a new and challenging managerial position, one which will make best use of my existing skills and experience.
Acting Outlet Manager
Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceFebruary 2016 - Now · 2 years and 11 months
• Managing operation of a high volume Italian Restaurant & Bar and organize staff from last one year as Acting Outlet Manager. • Delegation of duties and responsibilities to team to ensure the proper functioning of F&B service in their assigned areas • Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service. • Lead and manage teams in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed. • Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally to assist in the recruitment and training. • Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings. • Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with team to implement agreed upon strategies/ practices. • Have full knowledge of Outlet menus and offerings. • Manage the restaurant need and setting systems in place to ensure meal periods are run smoothly. • Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards planning ahead for the business. • Evaluate the performance of the team members and initiate internal development. • Establish and update the outlet database of regular guests tour to outlet and all related areas frequently, ensuring the highest possible cleanliness and maintenance standards. • Actively involved in the outlet promotional activities. • Responsible and driving forward the training program lobster ink
Jumeirah Mina A'Salam - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceFebruary 2014 - June 2015 · 1 year and 5 months
• To oversee and prepare the operational standards of the restaurant ensuring that they are properly followed. • To liaise with kitchen, stewarding, bars, rooms and engineering to ensure that the operation runs smoothly in areas of joint responsibility. • To assist in the planning and execution of promotional activities as directed by the Restaurant manager and Food and Beverage (service) manager. • To provide guidance and assistance to the other hosts helping them with their duties and responsibilities. • To fulfill special requests and special events, customizing them according to the guest’s request. • To maximize revenue in the outlet by implementing up-selling procedures. • Is accountable for monitoring and controlling the food and beverage inventory and to participate in inventory taking. • To conduct frequent front and heart of house checks ensuring mise-en-place, service procedures, standards of cleanliness and hygiene, repair and maintenance. • To ensure that all beverage stocks in the bars and in lockers or pantries are used, stored and accounted for following resort policies and guidelines. • To strive to meet the target cost of sales for the operation as determined by the resort budgets. • Is responsible for the proper accounting and recording of all beverage sales while ensuring that the pouring measures are being followed according to operating standards. • To establish proper communication with Stores and Financial Controller to assure that all the items on the Bar Menus and Wine List and in stores are available • Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all restaurants and bar equipment and for the cleanliness of all bars, lounges, pantries and lockers • In charge of restaurant in absence of restaurant manager and attending morning briefing also. • Is accountable for proper closing of restaurant, system and daily revenue report. • To maintain all record of training and all necessary document.
F&B Team Leader
Six Senses Zighy Bsy Oman - Muscat, OmanF&B serviceJuly 2012 - February 2014 · 1 year and 8 months
• Responsible to ensure smooth operations exists in assigned area, including: staffing, inventory, quality assurance and customer service. • Responsible to ensure approved policies and procedures are adhered to and maintained. • Investigates and resolves food quality, employee, and service complaints. • Inspects dining area and ensures cleanliness, organization and dining area courtesy. • Analyzes and recognizes deficiencies or problems areas and provides solutions to achieve desired results. • Maintains adequate inventory to ensure adequate quantities are maintained and spoilage minimized. • Completes required paperwork and recording of transactions. • Participates in the review of associates and completes necessary paperwork as required by established policies and procedures. • Maintains training program for departmental new hires.
Park Hyatt Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceAugust 2011 - June 2012 · 11 months
• Interact with the customers • Make sure the cleanliness of the restaurant. Ensure appropriate behavior from staff members and customers • Quality control • Responsible for assisting Restaurant Supervisor in the supervision of whole food and beverage operation. • Provided excellent guest satisfaction and increased productivity standards by utilizing available resources. • Taken corrective actions if necessary to ensure standards are maintained.
Golden Tulip Oman - Muscat, OmanF&B serviceNovember 2009 - March 2011 · 1 year and 5 months
• Mix up the different beverages and prepare cocktails and mock tails on customer's demand • Interact with the customers • Make certain the bar counter is kept clean and organized. Ensure appropriate behavior from staff members and customers • Check the bar on daily basis to ensure cleanliness, high quality food and beverage presentation. • Regularly greeted customers, took reservations, served food and beverages and maintained the reservation book if necessary. • Make sure that side work duties were complete and tables were properly set before, during and after opening hours.
Server shaheed college - Rawalpindi, PakistanJanuary 2003 - June 2005
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills