Join Hosco and view Arno's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a graduating, high-achieving Hotel Management student with over five years of experience in the hospitality industry. I have operational experience in Housekeeping, Front Office and F&B, and managerial experience in the latter two.
I am particularly passionate about the Food and Beverage department and aiming to acquire more managerial experience on this level. The last couple of years I have focussed on increasing my wine-food pairing knowledge, managing storage and taking on a more supervising role in the dining room
As a Duty Manager Trainee I am directly reporting to and collaborating with the Front Office Manager to reach the monthly enrollment targets.
I report directly to the EAM on the subject of adding value to the
arrival and departure experience at Holiday Inn Kandooma Maldives.
Duty Manager Trainee
Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma - MaldivesFront Office receptionFebruary 2018 - Now · 12 months
- Handling loyalty member check-ins and proving personalized service throughout their stay. - Tracking priority enrollments and informing the HODs on in-house potential enrollments. - Assisting the FOM and RDM in preparing for operational meetings. - Supervising and assisting guest service officers in the daily operations.
Assistant Unit Manager (Internship)
Compass Group - Brussels, BelgiumCateringApril 2017 - July 2017 · 4 months
- Checking the stock and drawing up a monthly storage list. - Setting up work schedules and drawing up purchasing orders. - Managing and evaluating the quality of work in all F&B outlets to ensure standards were met.
Dining Room Attendant (Student Job)
Sandton Grand Hotel Reylof - Ghent, BelgiumF&B serviceMarch 2015 - February 2018 · 2 years and 12 months
- Selling à la carte dishes and tasting menus to the guests. - Aiding guests in their selection of wine to complement their personal preferences and dishes. - Communicating with the chefs to coordinate the service-flow and avoid turmoil. - Assisting the maître d’hôtel in welcoming guests and coordinating the service.
F&B and Housekeeping Intern
Marriot Hotel Ghent - Ghent, BelgiumHousekeepingNovember 2013 - April 2015 · 1 year and 6 months
Eight working days as intern in both F&B and Housekeeping. - Assisting in the dining room during breakfast and lunch service. - Assisting the banqueting team in conference room set-ups. - Assisting the room attendants in daily operations.
Head Waiter and Commis-Chef (Student Job)
't Hoveke van Barevelt - Ghent, BelgiumF&B serviceJanuary 2013 - March 2015 · 2 years and 3 months
- Assisting the executive chef in plating and finalizing appetizers and entrees. - Communicating with the maître d’hôtel to lead the lunch and dinner services. - Coordinating the service-flow for group dinners.
Erasmus University College Brussels - Brussels, BelgiumSeptember 2015 - August 2018
Professional Bachelor degree in Hotel Management
Technical Secondary Degree
Hotel and Catering School Ghent - Ghent, BelgiumSeptember 2009 - June 2015
6-year hotel and hospitality education, graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Catering Management
- Culinary skills
- Eager to learn
- F&B Kitchen
- F&B service
- Flexible and proactive
- Hotel Management
- MS Word and Excel
- Wine Knowldge