Join Hosco and view Arunagirinathan's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
With over 16 years (12 Years in UAE) of experience —including 10 years of senior-level leadership, spanning IT infrastructure, (Telecommunication, Network, Security, Server and Systems) management, Website, Applications & Database Management , IT operations, , Service management, Helpdesk Team and Call Center Management , Datacenter , DR Management . IT Strategy and Execution and Budget management.
Expand leadership responsibilities, improve organizational ability to exceed corporate goals, challenging opportunity that contributes to the outstanding success of the business via 16+ years Information Technology experience from various global industries.
Head of IT
Essaar Energy - Tiruchirappalli, IndiaITOctober 2016 - Now · 2 years and 3 months
This role is responsible for the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function throughout the Essaar. This includes data center Infrastructure (servers, applications, storage, facilities, networking & appliances), network administration, client environment engineering. • Manage Company IT infrastructure arena operational and strategic planning, budget, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. • Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all Infrastructure operational activities of the IT department • Provide advice to the management team on IT initiatives / projects to support the achievement of the organization’s objectives • Manage IT staffing, supervision, scheduling, and vendor management. • Oversee the information security management function to ensure effective development and implementation of information security policies and systems to safeguard and protect all IT operations and ensure reliability and integrity of data • Oversee the provision of IT support related to the Information Sharing & Advanced Analytics, Enterprise Management Solutions and Communication & Collaboration solutions to enhance the performance and efficiency of ESSAAR employees • Ensure the effective development, implementation and maintenance of service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure provision of high quality IT services in line with defined quality standards • Monitor the implementation of policies, systems, processes procedures and controls and ensure that all relevant requirements are fulfilled • Prepare the IT Section budget, in coordination with the Finance Section in order to ensure alignment with budget guidelines
2. Head - IT & Network Communications at ,
Manazel Specialists - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesITSeptember 2008 - August 2016 · 7 years and 12 months
Job objectives: • The primary responsibility is to oversee the IT infrastructure streamlined operation and to ensure it aligns with the mission business objectives of the organization. • This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage company IT infrastructure portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization. • Plan, coordinate, direct, and design all Infrastructure operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. • Work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of Company. • Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action, and IT Audit. • Maintains quality IT service by establishing and enforcing organization standards • IT Infrastructure (Network, Security system, Server’s, Exchange email server, and Storage, Backup and file system) Administration, Helpdesk Team, Call Center operation and new project as and when needed. • Review performance of IT Infrastructure systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. • Countable for end-to-end management of IT Infrastructure Project’s and IT service Delivery. Strategy & Planning • Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve Manazel Real Estate goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization. • Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies. • Manage IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources. • Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business. • Develop and implement IT policies and procedures, including those for Internet Access, architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. Operational Management • Ensure continuous delivery of IT services with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance. • Benchmark, analyze report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems. • Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements. • Develop and review budgets for and from IT department divisions and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives. • Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, Training and development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions. • Maintains working relationships with vendors and third party providers, ensuring contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
Network Project Manager
Million I Technology - Chennai, IndiaITAugust 2006 - July 2008 · 1 year and 12 months
• A Direct IT projects and technical activities across multiple project sites. Identify and resolve business needs to achieve organizational goals. Manage strategic planning to optimize resources, improve throughputs, and enhance system performance parameters • Served as Project Manager and Lead Systems Designer for multiple high-profile, large-scale network and IT infrastructure projects. Designed and implemented Microsoft infrastructures, Cisco, VMware, and Symantec Backup • Lead high-performing technical team of Field Engineers, Security Engineers, and Systems Integration Specialists. Develop and implement standard operating procedures. Establish key processes that ensure reliable and efficient technical services organization-wide. • Coached and mentored team of Network Engineers and IT Engineers. Conducted training programs to enhance staff technical skills and motivation including network/server administration procedures, virus protection, and security measures. • Created and maintained technical documentation regarding network configuration, network mapping, and service records including IT Service Catalog, Service Level Agreements, and Operational Level Agreements • Provided technical consultations regarding Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, HP, IBM, Avaya, 3COM, and F-Secure products. Delivered technical support for system auditing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting. • Software license management along with IT Risk and security assessments, ensuring adherence to security policies. • Ensuring smooth running of client’s data center, servers and Disaster recovery planning, monitoring and support. • Involve in support to cross functional security activities and project teams including infrastructure compliance, vulnerability identification. • Providing support to related departments including purchase and estimation department i the process of tendering and procurement.
IT Team leader/Network engineer
Direct Shipping Services LLC - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesITApril 2002 - March 2006 · 3 years and 12 months
• Maintaining and supporting more than 250 Users workstation with 12 Server worldwide. • Configuring and Administering Cisco Routers, Switches, firewall and Windows 2000 & 2003 based Domain controllers in IBM and HP server configuring DNS, DHCP, WINS, Active Directory and Services • Installing, configuring and maintaining Symantec Norton antivirus corporate edition 9.0 • Configuring Group Policies like (Account policy, Password policy, Local policy) • Installing and Troubleshooting in Windows 2003Server, Win 98, 95, ME, XP Professional. • Managing IP Telephone systems (NEC), Phone guard System, Access Card System & Website maintenance and uploading. • Maintenance of Oracle 9i and 10g with VB/ Oracle based in-house software.
Academic Centre Head/System Engineer
APTECH computer Education - Chennai, IndiaITApril 1999 - March 2002 · 2 years and 12 months
• Instructor in Software tools viz Programming in FoxPro, Java script, Visual Basic, MS Office tools, Front Page, HTML and Access and Operating systems such as DOS, Windows NT/95/98. Networking and Internet. • Install Configure, Troubleshoot and Assemble Personal Computers, servers and Microsoft network systems (NT/ME/95/98) and soft wares. • Troubleshoot and solve difficult technical problems, including network, server, printing and operating system problems.
Annamalai University - Chidambaram, IndiaMay 2011 - May 2015
Master of Business administration in Information Systems (MBA)
Annamalai University - Chidambaram, IndiaMay 2007 - May 2010
Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc.)
- Avaya and Cisco IP Telephony
- Business Continuity
- Call Center Development
- Cisco Network and Security
- Datacenter Management
- Disaster Recovery
- Helpdesk Team Management
- HR Management
- ICT Network
- Infrastructure and Applications Management
- IT Asset Management
- IT Budget Management
- IT Business Management
- IT Operations Management
- IT Policies and Procedures
- IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- IT security
- IT Strategy and Execution
- Microsoft Technologies
- Risk Management
- Social Media Management
- Systems and Server Management
- Team Management
- Vendor management