Join Hosco and view Ashraf's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Having progressed initially through operational roles into my current post of Cluster Credit Manager I possess a unique balance of theoretical and commercial acumen which enables me to provide comfort to executive leadership teams in both UK and Internationally. Accountable for ensuring minimum corporate risk is held within the remit of Credit Management. Currently this role sits within a wider group matrix structure as part of an international Group. Testament to that is my current enhanced remit to project lead a ground up restructuring of two disparate regional teams into a uniform integrated international solution centred in London.
Acknowledged as a highly focused and committed manager, able to communicate and build relationships with individuals at all levels of seniority, both with those within external organisations and internal personnel, and in turn motivate teams towards the successful execution of shared objectives.
With a proven record of accomplishment in;- credit control, risk analysis, financial analysis and general management.
These capabilities sit as highly transferable in a marketplace where effective inbound and outbound cash management and collection are key to bottom line security.
Now looking an opportunity to progress my career within these areas for benefit of both future employer and self.
Cluster Credit Manager
Hilton Worldwide - London, United KingdomFinance/AccountingMarch 2006 - July 2018 · 12 years and 6 months
• Responsible of approve credit applications, credit limits and terms, and taking a lead role in the control of the day-to-day operations of the accounts receivable functions, to minimize debt and improve working capital with a combined turnover of £100 Million (1643 Bedrooms - 47 Meeting Rooms with total of 2710 Delegates). • Project lead: Converting and Re-structuring the Credit Control Department of East London Hotels with Outsource (3rd Party) Accounts Receivable. • Covered the cluster finance business partners (CAFM/CFM) for their holidays in relation to weekly and rolling forecasts and month end closing. • Actively and effectively managing DSO and debt collection. • Monitoring and enhancing the accounts receivable function performance. • Providing timely, focused and value-added management reporting to assess the performance of the accounts receivable function and the performance of hotels and agreeing action plans where necessary. • Leading and developing a high quality accounts receivable team.
Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting Major), Comparable to British Bachelor with Honours degree – UK NARIC assessment for overseas university/college degrees
Ain Shams University - Cairo, EgyptSeptember 1983 - July 1987
- - Cash Flow Improvement
- - Coaching & Leadership
- - Communications & Customer Service
- - Creative Strategic alignment
- - Credit Risk Awareness
- - DSO and Bad Debt reduction
- - Market Research Analytics
- - Revenue Generator