Join Hosco and view Ashvin's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
An IT professional with vast experience in various IT Skills such as Active Directory , DHCP , DNS , Virtualization , Cloud technology, Vmware, Windows servers 2003/2008/2012 and experience into management and team coordination. Looking for profile where i could contribute my skills for the growth of the organisation.
11 years and 5 months
Assistant IT Manager
Campbell Shipping Company Ltd - Mumbai, IndiaITJune 2017 - Now · 2 years and 8 months
• Identify and fulfill business needs to achieve organizational goals. • Develop and implement standard operating procedures. • Establish key processes that ensure reliable and efficient technical services organization. • Implemented strict security policy on office365. • Sole responsible for all Active Directory activities and replication to other sites. • Guide the design and implementation of antivirus solutions and system/network monitoring. • Implementation of RDS infrastructure and DFS. • Working on cost cutting and efficient solutions for onboard and vessel infrastructure setups. • Ensuring disaster recovery is in place and regular check up on backup systems and fault tolerance. • Achieved optimal operations and functioning by overseeing continuous improvement initiatives to existing infrastructure, applications, systems, and software. • Configuration & Troubleshooting on Active Directory 2012 multi-site environment like Active Directory Sites, Group Polices, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP. • Recommend and implement IT infrastructure requirements and upgrades to improve overall system performance and ensure high levels of security and data recovery. • Implementation & remedy of cyber-attacks on azure VM’s & on premises infrastructure • Sole responsible for IT setups and managing infrastructure such as MS Azure,DFS,DNS,DHCP,NS5applications,RDS,Barracuda backups,office365,Sonicwall firewalls, Desktops etc.. •
Damac PropertD - Al Ain, United Arab EmiratesITDecember 2015 - December 2016 · 1 year and 1 month
• Build, configure, patch and provision windows 2008/2012 servers. • Implement VMware vsphere for server consolidation and Virtualization. • Managing Vmware infrastructure and creation of new VM’s as per requirement. • Mail configuration and setup for new users. • Troubleshooting and maintenance of exchange server. • Adequate knowledge on system administration, maintenance and troubleshooting on windows and VMware platforms. • Administering & Managing WSUS Servers for multiple locations. • VSphere systems administration and support including VMotion,HA,DRS,VDS,affinity rules ,VCenter ,SVMotion and P2V migrations. • Reduced costs by negotiating contracts with vendors while setting up new site offices • Managed installation and configuration of Mac, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8,10 Server 2003,2008 and 2012 on servers and desktops. • Administration of Windows server 2008/2012,DHCP,DFS ,DNS. • Image management for client workstations • Added desktop/servers to domain and performed IMAC operations for users, OU’s, DL’s, security groups and mailboxes. • Performed data center operations like cable pulling, rack mounting and fault finding.
Scorpio Marine Management India Pvt - Mumbai, IndiaITMarch 2011 - August 2015 · 4 years and 7 months
• Responsible for 2008/2012 active directory, server roles and system administration. • Creating and providing required access in AD and exchange 2007/2010. • Strong knowledge on windows infrastructure and its administration and maintain a regular check on updates and its proper functionality. • Managing group policy, security policies, file servers and DFS. • Experience on migrations of P2V,P2P,P2V using VMware convertor. • Configured and managing Kaspersky antivirus server for all locations. • Print management and deployed printers via group policy. • Experience in mailbox movement and good knowledge about the roles in exchange servers. • Support for users related to all IT infrastructure/equipment and business specific applications. • Worked on Microsoft ISA firewall and providing access and creating policy as per business requirement. • Experience with VMware virtualization technology and experience with Vsphere 4&5, virtual center and other VMware products. • Configured Fault Tolerance and HA for VM’s. • Strong knowledge on AD FSMO roles and transfer of the same. • Ensuring proper replication between all the domain controllers and DFS systems. • Designed, planned and implemented Group Policy, delegation strategies and OU structure • Configured DHCP, DNS and transferred the roles to different server including print management services. • Providing required reports of IT assets to management and auditors • Create and Maintain documented procedures for Windows and VMware Infrastructure. • Supervises and handles a team of 4-5 members. • Visiting vessels for deploying and setting up IT systems onboard. • Managing servers deployed on HyperV in 100+ vessels.
IT Support Engineer
Learningmate Solution Pvt - Mumbai, IndiaITJanuary 2008 - February 2011 · 3 years and 2 months
• Virtualizing all the current physical machines using Vpshere converter,P2v • Deploying/Provisioning Servers using VMware as per requirements. • Active Directory users and groups management on Windows 2003 platform • Implementation and administration of DNS, DHCP and DFS. • Configured and implemented WSUS server on the current environment. • Managing technical support team who is responsible for infrastructure services on Microsoft Windows technology • Updating Windows2003 servers with latest service packs and hot fixes. • Troubleshooting Active Directory related problems. • Promoted Windows2000 server to Windows 2003 platform. • Creating standard process for group policy deployment • Creating standard Net-backup policies and taking back-up of the servers. Restoring the data as per the customer request • Implementing and updating all the clients and server updates via WSUS. • Creating and providing FTP access and HTTP link to vendors and clients as per requirement and hands on experience working on IIS Version6.
Symbiosis University - Pune, IndiaMay 2009 - June 2011
University of Mumbai - Mumbai, IndiaJune 2004 - April 2007
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
- Active directory
- Windows Server