Join Hosco and view Balasubramaniam's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Young, Dynamic, Customer and Employee Focused Hotel Professional with Solid 10 Years Experience in India and GCC Countries.
Pre -Opening - Learning & Development - Recruitment - Training - Customer Service - Planning
Executing - Meeting Strict Deadlines - Evaluating and Progressing - Communication - Menu Engineering - P & L - Counseling
11 years and 10 months
Millennium Hotels and Resorts - Sulaymaniyah, IraqF&B serviceJune 2017 - Now · 1 year and 9 months
Managing Food & Beverage Outlets Includes All-day Dinning, Lobby Lounge, In-Room Dining and Bar .
Atana Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceAugust 2015 - May 2017 · 1 year and 10 months
• Maintains Colleagues by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training, maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. • Accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining Colleagues & developing. • Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes. • Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. • Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements. • Plan and coordinate menus, Control costs and minimize waste. • Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Maitre d' Hotel
Towers Rotana - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJuly 2013 - August 2015 · 2 years and 2 months
• Work in close operation with the Kitchen and Stewarding as well as the Outlet Cashier to ensure a smooth-running operation • Conduct regular training sessions with the assigned team in line with the departmental SOP’S • Monitor duty schedules for the respective team • Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of assigned Employees • Work towards the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours • Handle the welcome of arriving Guests and their seating through the Hostess and take over, if she is not available. • Maintain a professional and friendly relationship with the outlet patrons to ensure their well-being • Familiar with the Outlet’s menu, promotional activities and other relevant issues concerning the outlet and the Hotel. • Contribute to meet maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet • Operate in a safe and environmentally ‘friendly way to protect guests and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment • Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
Food & Beverage Supervisor
Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJuly 2009 - June 2013 · 4 years
• Assists and participates the day-to-day function of Waiter. Facilities, sales, expenses and ensures the required standard of service performance are implemented and maintained. • Provides an overall high level of Food and Beverage service to guests and ensures that guest satisfaction is met • Complies with and ensures that the Hotels: - Health, Safety, and Hygiene Policy. - House Rules and Regulations. - Personal Grooming and Appearance Standards. • Ensures punctual attendance and adheres to duty schedules as directed by the Restaurant Manager. • Attends formal training held by Manpower or Outlets regarding Food and Beverage Service Quality Standard Expectation and Future Career Development. • Inspects, conducts all Mise-en-place work required and ensures that all areas of responsibilities are kept up to the expected standard and regulations according to he designed task. • Ensures timing of service functions are adhered to/for guest satisfaction. • Informs, notifies supervisors and subordinates of special request and or other related manners. • Handles guest’s complaints and refers them as necessary. Follow-up on corrective action. • Practices Basic Skills of Guest Courtesy as appropriate. • Routinely checks, identifies assigned section needs for maintenance work order, relays same to supervisors and ensures the accomplishments are proper. • Ensures that all checks (in the area of responsibility) have been signed by guest and that figures are correct before passing on to the cashier and all administration of obtaining and delivering procedures are followed. • Ensures that all public and back-of-house areas are presentable and that all equipment is stored correctly. • Performs related duties and special projects as assigned. Major Events and Functions Handled: • IDEX (International Defense Exhibition Conference) 2011 & 2013 • Abu Dhabi Golf Championship for 3 consecutive years • Food & Beverage Service in Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque during Ramadan Time. (2009-2012) • Formula One Race in Yas Island (2009-2012) • Abu Dhabi Adventure Challenge • Army Unification Day • All Royal Weddings in our Hotel • All Sheikhs functions
Food & Beverage Supervisor
The Residency Towers - Coimbatore, IndiaF&B serviceMay 2007 - June 2009 · 2 years and 2 months
• Manning and leading a team in the F & B Service Department especially in coffee shop and a Specialty Restaurant at the same time. • Responsible for implementing measures to monitor consumable usages and breakages in the outlet. • Manpower Management, to a certain extent like, scheduling shifts and preparing duty charts. • Complaints handling and Crisis Management in the absence of superiors, as and when they arise. • Achieving targets, personal and as well as department targets and budgets, through suggestive selling.
MODUL University Vienna - Hospitality & Tourism Management - Vienna, AustriaJanuary 2017 - January 2017
Bachelor Degree - Hotel Management
Bharathiyar University - Hospitality and Tourism Management - Coimbatore, IndiaMarch 2003 - April 2006
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
- Certified PIC
- Certified Trainer
- Controlling food cost
- Employee engagement
- Employee Relation
- Excellent customer focus
- F&B Operations
- First Aid/CPR
- Food and Beverage Costing
- High quality standard
- InDesign CS6
- Menu Engineering
- Ms. Office Applications
- Opera PMS
- Operating Budgets
- Quality Control
- Revenue Managment
- Set goals
- SOP implementation
- Structured and Organized