Join Hosco and view Barry's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
At 20 years old, I am a well-traveled student currently in my third year of (BSc) Event Management Studies in Dublin Institute of Technology located in the Cathal Brugha Street Campus. I have been involved in the Event, Tourism and Hospitality Industry through both my course of study and actively volunteering/working at events and festivals of all sizes.
As part of my studies, I have addressed a large amount of vital management subjects throughout each year, such as Human Resource Management, Applied Communications, Conference and Event Marketing, Database & Industry Studies and Financial Accounting, whilst I am also currently acting as the Class Representative for my current class group.
I am active seeking to further my experience within the Event Industry and I would welcome opportunities in this field.
National Support Team Member
Smaller Earth - Dublin, IrelandCustomer ServiceSeptember 2018 - Now · 5 months
• National Support Team Members are largely assigned to the College campuses. Working around my college schedule, I would work within the several DIT (Dublin Institute of Technology) campuses. • My roles and responsibilities include: acting as a representative for USA Summer Camp, expanding the brand within the Dublin area, interviewing potential camp counselors and recording the applicant’s data into their own personal online account.
Guinness Storehouse - Dublin, IrelandCustomer ServiceFebruary 2018 - June 2018 · 5 months
• Whilst working in the Guinness Storehouse I worked primarily in the Academy Bar (‘Pull Your Own Perfect Pint’) and the illustrious sky bar known as the Gravity Bar • Roles included demonstrating and guiding those in attendance how to pour their own pint of Guinness, serving alcohol to customers and providing additional information and facts about the Guinness Storehouse and the brand itself
KenMont and KenWood Camps - Kent, CT, United StatesOtherJune 2017 - August 2018 · 1 year and 3 months
• For 2 Summers, I undertook the J1 VISA opportunity to work within a US summer camp with sponsors: Camp Leaders/Smaller Earth • Over the course of the two summers I worked and trained as a Lifeguard, receiving qualification and certification from the American Red Cross • My main role carried out was acting as a specialist instructor for Sailing, Kayaking and Canoeing • This also entailed the constant supervision of children attending the camp (8 – 15 years) both during the daytime and night.
Waiter and Bartender
Fitzer's Catering - Dublin, IrelandF&B serviceSeptember 2016 - December 2016 · 4 months
• Fitzer's Catering operate at various event/festival locations throughout Ireland. Whilst working for Fitzer's Catering, I worked at events that would take place in the Convention Centre Dublin (CCD) • Regularly I Assisted in the set-up and clean-up of the banquet hall's within the CCD • I Worked at numerous gala dinners, banquets and social events • I was responsible for providing the best of my abilities to cater to the attendees needs
The Twelfth Lock Hotel - Castleknock, IrelandF&B serviceJune 2013 - January 2016 · 2 years and 8 months
• Managed deliveries and stores and ensured stock levels were maintained and replenished when required • Provided Interaction with customers, whilst handling financial transactions on a daily basis
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Communication & PR
- Event Management
- Event planning
- Health & Safety
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Time Mangement