Join Hosco and view Chandru's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Mentored and trained supervisors and managers on the importance of guest relations, celebrations and recognition to motivate and retain staff.Planning, organizing and directing team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
JLL Apartment Hotel ( Jones Lang LaSalle ) - Chennai, IndiaHousekeepingJune 2015 - Now · 3 years and 6 months
• Conducts pre-shift meetings and reviews all pertinent information for the day's activities; departures, arrivals, and stayover scheduled cleans. • Maintains adequate inventory of all supplies pertinent to the housekeeping and laundry departments. • Monitors annual deep cleaning and carpet cleaning projects. • Ensures each room meets DRI QA standards before being placed in the property management system as clean and available through daily inspections of guest rooms and public space using DRI inspection checklists. • Ensures proper, efficient and timely communication channels are being maintained with General Manager, Front Desk Manager, Engineering, and Food and Beverage management. • Maintains communications with the Engineering department by providing work orders portal system. • Ensures that all lost and found items are bagged, tagged and logged into the portal system and secured for 60 days or as outlined by Law. • Coordinates with resort Security or designee with storage and disposal of lost and found items. • Responsible or participates in the Interviewing and hiring of new team members. • Responsible for training, motivating and assisting with fair, consistent and corrective action if necessary for team members in housekeeping, public area and laundry. • Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness and organization of housekeeping vehicles and storage rooms. observation and recognition of any unsafe environment. • Ensures all team members have the tools necessary to perform their essential job functions. • Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly inventories in a timely manner, as outlined by DRI Policy. • Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Understand how to develop and implement business strategies. • Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals. • Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. • Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action. Achievements: • Revamped the housekeeping inventory system, making the process 50% more efficient than before. • Implemented a series of training programs for existing housekeeping staff, which increased their ability to meet organizational standards of housekeeping. • Overhauled the housekeeping supplies storage system, effectively making 25% more space. • Designed and implemented core housekeeping policies and procedures that are still being followed in the premises. • Created strict housekeeping schedules which decreased absenteeism by 88%. • Strategized cleaning activities thereby ensuring that no area is left unattended at any point during the day. • Systematized solid supplies inventory system that brought down supplies misuse and loss by 90%.
Manager House keeping
Rain Tree group of Hotels - Chennai, IndiaHousekeepingMay 2013 - May 2015 · 2 years and 1 month
• Maintained exceptional standards of cleanliness and performance • Recruited and trained over 50 staff. • Assessed guest satisfaction and developed improvement plans. • Create and maintain interior and exterior standards of cleanliness. • Cultivate positive atmosphere with motivated high-performance employees. • Adhere to operating budgets and correct for shortfalls. • Train and develop staff to meet company requirements • Assisted staff in completing tasks and corrected performance issues.
Assistant Manager Housekeeping
Ramee group of Hotels - Tirupati, IndiaHousekeepingJanuary 2010 - March 2013 · 3 years and 3 months
• Performed inspections of rooms and common areas to ensure staff work quality. • Supervised daily housekeeping staff duties. • Assisted with hiring and selection process for new housekeeping staff members. • Worked closely with Housekeeping Manager to ensure hotel goals met. • Kept inventory supply list. • Completed monthly inventory audits. • Inspected staff grooming and uniform compliance and made corrections as needed. • Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
Taj group of Hotels - Madurai, IndiaHousekeepingJune 2007 - September 2009 · 2 years and 4 months
• Assigned the tasks of assisting housekeeping manager in planning activities and operation procedures of housekeeping activities • Responsible for handling housekeeping management tasks by following standard guidelines and procedures • Performed the responsibilities of implementing cleaning schedules and provide training sessions to the junior housekeeping staff • Handled the tasks of performance review activities for housekeeping staff appraisal • Assigned the tasks of overseeing cleaning activities and handling emergency situations. •Obtains list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately & list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments. • schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
Grand Hyatt (Dubai – Pre Opening Team) - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHousekeepingFebruary 2003 - January 2007 · 3 years and 12 months
• Conduct Briefing, meetings with Housekeeping staff to discuss their job functions. • Inspecting the cleaning and servicing of guestrooms and public areas. • Approaching guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner. • Making sure that all Guest Rooms have appropriate supplies and linens in them. Maintaining guest confidentiality at all times. • Ensuring that rooms and bathrooms are cleaned on a daily basis. Inspecting guest rooms and guest areas. • Directing housekeeping staff to ensure a high standard of cleanliness in all public areas. • Delegating work to meet business objectives and goals.
Oberoi Group of Hotel - Jaipur, IndiaHousekeepingMay 2001 - June 2002 · 1 year and 2 months
• Clean rooms, lounges and bathrooms by vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and washing • Dust and polish furniture and ensure that bathroom supplies are replenished • Clean and maintain hotel common areas such as lobbies and sitting rooms • Make beds and change linen on schedule or on when-needed basis • Gather dirty laundry and arrange for it to be taken to the laundromat • Ascertain that each laundry bag is properly tagged when packed • Return appropriate laundry bag to guestroom when cleaned • Stock and maintain supply rooms and maintain contact with vendors to ensure consistent supply • Assist guests with reasonable housekeeping requests and respond to their queries
University of Madras - Chennai, IndiaJune 1998 - April 2001
University of Madras - Chennai, IndiaJune 1998 - April 2001
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Good at making guests feel comfortable
- Handle administrative task
- Pleasing personality
- Skilled at teaching, supervising and mentoring