Join Hosco and view charles's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am dedicated and motivated individual, with proven leadership, organization and great customer service skills seeking for a position where I can apply my experience and skills, and allow for continued personal and professional growth.
Mirbat Marriott Resort - Salalah, OmanFinance/AccountingMarch 2018 - Now · 10 months
Knowledge of Inventory Management processes;Purchasing, Receiving, Retriving, Inventory control, Monthly closing and policies Achieved a LIFE card in Media Rotana and Appreciation certificate from Mirbat Resort for exemplary service. Diploma in Business administration specialized in purchase and supply management, having 5 years of experience in the fields of storekeeping. Excellence customer service skills as a storekeeper and waiter. Great knowledge of occupational hazards and food hygiene safety standard(HACCP). Certified first Aider. Great negotiation skills. Cross training as hotel storekeeper in Media Rotana Hotel. Knowledge of Financial Analysis. Knowledge of Internal Auditing and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Proficient in operating Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and computer applications. Proficient in machines operation and maintenance,Trolleys handling, Kenya driving Licence(BCE), Execellent knowledge in Birch street inventory system, FBM (Food and Beverage Material system) and FMC system. Excellent presentation and report writing skills
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingOctober 2014 - October 2016 · 2 years and 1 month
• Issuing materials as per the demand through approved requisition form ensuring no shortage incured. • Supervising store attendants and ensuring they follow FIFO methods of evaluating inventory to avoid Expiry and wastage. • Ensurring food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas are observed and maintained at all time.. • I managed to place purchasing order on time and reduced the number of undelivered items to almost 95 percent. • Implemented expiry tracking system and reduce expired food items to 100%. • Taking monthly inventory • Maintaining par stock level ensuring that less capital is tied on inventory • Following up with suppliers for urgent and pending delivery items. • Observing HACCP standard of hygiene. • Responsible for upkeep of various appropriate records of Store. • Ensuring the supplies and items received is stored in their designated place to avoid time wasted searching for items and general confusion. • Reporting and following with the user department for slow moving items to avoid wastage and spoilage.
Media Rotana Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceJanuary 2012 - October 2014 · 2 years and 10 months
• Meet and greet customers in a friendly professional manner • Providing high level of customer service, • Present menus to customers and answer questions about menu items, upselling • Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods if asked by guest. • Receiving food orders, and entering it the micros for transmittal to kitchen staff and collect payments from customers. • Serve food or beverages to customers, and prepare or serve specialty dishes as per set standards. • Ensure delivery orders are taken correctly and delivered to the customer within the given time frame. • Checking with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. • Maintain proper inventory and stock maintenance • Ensure minimum wastage, spoilage of food and drink. • Inform supervisor immediately on any operational and guest related matters. • Maintains high levels of hygiene and safety at all times • Maintain cordial and professional relations with all restaurant employees. • Record and provide customer feedback
Nkumba university - Entebbe, UgandaMay 2008 - October 2011
diploma in business administration specialized in purchase and supply management
SwahiliNative or fluent100%
- • Excellent Communication Skills.
- Exellent computer skills
- F&B micros
- fedelio system(FMC)
- food and beverage material system
- Inventory management
- Microsoft Packages
- • Purchasing skills
- Very good team player