Join Hosco and view Charlotte's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a hard-working, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who has recently graduated from the University of Surrey where I studied International Tourism Management (with an intensive summer school program at the University of Sao Paulo and a placement year as a Marketing Assistant at Reed Exhibitions). Since finishing University, I have been working at Glyndebourne Opera House as a Marketing Executive and where I have been able to be a part of a multitude of events from their Festival and Tour programmes to live cinema broadcasts and trailer filming. My career goals are to work in the dynamic and vibrant business sector with a specific interest in Events and Marketing, I feel this area of the business world is an integral aspect for success.
Glyndebourne Productions - Lewes, United KingdomSales & MarketingJuly 2018 - Now · 5 months
- Working within the Communications and Production team on their summer Festival and winter Tour programmes. - Primary responsibilities include copy writing and creating all emails sent out to a wide and diverse database. Planning and executing production events such as filming and photoshoots for promotional use. - Evaluating pre-existing marketing campaigns and strategies to increase member retention, as well as implementing A/B testing in emails so as to increase revenue and develop targeted messaging. Creating customer-feedback driven advertisements for social media and search engine platforms. - Coordinating with multiple stakeholders within the Opera House when working on numerous projects that occur simultaneously; such as floor running during live broadcasts, sending out reception invitations and compiling guest lists for membership dinners all whilst being a flexible team player. - Meeting key contacts for the business and handling any VIP requirements, ensuring that all needs are met to an impeccable standard and that no invitee leaves feeling dissatisfied.
Reed Exhbitions - Richmond, United KingdomSales & MarketingJune 2016 - May 2017 · 12 months
Placement year position, working as part of the core marketing communications team for both the World Travel Market London and Arabian Travel Market teams. Creating a student focused social media campaign, in addition to monitoring and analysing engagements across all channels. Monitoring competitors and in-depth research of the market. Handling enquiries from the press, exhibitors and visitors particularly when working as part of the International Luxury Travel Market programme whilst onsite at WTM London. Other duties included; Copy writing, brochure and advertising collateral production, as well as providing general assistance & daily support to the marketing team.
Passenger Service Agent at London Gatwick Airport
Aviator Airport Alliance Europe AB - London, United KingdomOtherJune 2014 - June 2016 · 2 years and 1 month
- Working in a unique and engaging environment, checking-in and boarding passengers onto flights. - Showing responsibility and professionalism when escorting unaccompanied minors, young adults and VIP’s through the airport. - Liaising with different departments within the airport: dispatchers, ground handlers, ticketing desk and airline representatives. In constant contact with people of many different cultural backgrounds and able to overcome language barriers. - Showed leadership when acting as the lead agent at Norwegian check-in, supervising the check-in agents and the floorwalkers on the self-service check-in machines, resolving passenger conflicts and ensuring the smooth running of check-in.
Brazilian Business and Culture
University of Sao Paulo - Bauru, BrazilMay 2015 - June 2015
Intensive summer school programme focused on the Brazilian Economy, Culture and Agribusiness, also including a strong Cultural Management aspect as well as Portuguese lessons.
International Touirism Management
University of Surrey, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management - England, United KingdomSeptember 2014 - June 2018
- Modules include: Applied Financial Management, Marketing Communications, Services Marketing,International Business Strategy, Technology, Media and Data and Business Environment. - Utilising teamwork and presenting skills during group reports and presentations, as well as demonstrating leadership abilities when planning group meetings and submitting the assignments. - Developing and co-ordinating a live event in aide of Challenger’s UK charity.