Join Hosco and view Chethana N.'s full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Honesty :- Yes I'm honest to the best of my ability in my actions and words. I like to talk what I do and do what I talk. If I say that I like you , that's 100% true. If I use the term ‘dear’ while addressing, I truly mean it, else I just omit the word!
Boldness :- I'm bold enough to do anything I want to, within the limits of my rights. I've no starting trouble or hesitation to speak out whatever may be the situation and whoever may be the person I've to deal with.
Happiness :- I'm a happy man. I keep myself happy, so that I can truly spread the joy. I've a bunch of friends in every area of my interest irrespective of age & gender where we talk and laugh together like crazy!
Guest Services Center Agent
Anantara Kaluthara Resort - Kalutara, Sri LankaFront Office receptionJuly 2018 - Now · 6 months
1. Answers incoming calls. 2. Directs call to guest rooms, staff, or departments through the switchboard or PBX system. 3. Places outgoing calls. 4. Receives guest messages and deliver the same to the guest. 5. Logs all wake-up call requests and performs wake-up call services. 6. Provides information about hotel services to guests. 7. Understand the telephone operator board or PBX switchboard operations. 8. Provides paging services for hotel guests and employees. 9. Knows what action to take when an emergency call is required. 10. Monitors automated systems including fire alarms and telephone equipment when engineering and maintenance department is closed. 11. Assists in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems. 12. Following telephone etiquette. 13. Trains or assists with training new telephone operators in performance of job duties. 14. To be fully aware of and adhere of health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures. 15. Multitasking abilities will always come in handy, because a switchboard operator may be asked to do other jobs as well. 16. Must be polite and courteous while answering the phone. 17. Open and close telephone functionality on the hotel front office software. 18. Keep records of calls placed and received by all departments and recording the call charges. 19. Setup conference calls in different locations and time zones. 20. Update directory information on the front office software. 21. Provide relay service for hearing-impaired guests. 22. Process guest wake-up calls. 23. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo - Colombo, Sri LankaF&B kitchenDecember 2017 - June 2018 · 7 months
1. Use kitchen equipment safely; operate electrical and mechanical equipment 2. Maintain appropriate inventory of food and supplies 3. Determine cleanliness of dishes, food-contact surfaces, and kitchen areas Assess condition of food 4. To maintain the highest level of sanitation in the kitchen. 5. To perform whatever duties the cook and kitchen manager see necessary. 6. To assist with serving food. 7. To assist with clean-up of the kitchen. 8. To assist with the serving of food. 9. To assist with consolidation and proper storage of food after meals. 10. To clean up after meals and ongoing cleaning to maintain the highest levels of sanitation in the kitchen. 11. Salad Bar preparation 12. Beverage preparation i.e. bug juice, fruit juices and coffee. 13. Assist with grilling, meat slicing
Cinnamon Lakeside Colombo - Colombo, Sri LankaF&B serviceJanuary 2017 - July 2017 · 7 months
1. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems. 2. Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction. 3. Collect payments from customers. 4. Process customer bills or payments. 5. Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff. 6. Communicate dining or order details to kitchen personnel. 7. Take customer orders. 8. Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes. 9. Process customer bills or payments. 10. Take orders from patrons for food or beverages. 11. Take customer orders. 12. Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages. 13. Enforce rules or regulations. 14. Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required. 15. Serve food or beverages. 16. Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request. 17. Present food or beverage information or menus to customers. 18. Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining. 19. Clean food service areas. 20. Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine. 21. Prepare hot or cold beverages. 22. Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties. 23. Arrange tables or dining areas. 24. Inform customers of daily specials. 25. Present food or beverage information or menus to customers. 26. Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware. 27. Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. 28. Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens. 29. Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning. 30. Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests. 31. Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom. 32. Clean food preparation areas, facilities, or equipment. 33. Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers. 34. Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee. 35. Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers. 36. Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving. 37. Describe and recommend wines to customers. 38. Present food or beverage information or menus to customers. 39. Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions. 40. Provide customers with general information or assistance
Trainee Front Office Associate
The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden - Negombo, Sri LankaFront Office receptionFebruary 2016 - August 2016 · 7 months
1. Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.) 2. Greet and welcome guests 3. Answer questions and address complaints 4. Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages 5. Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them 6. Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc. 7. Check, sort and forward emails 8. Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary 9. Keep updated records and files 10. Monitor office expenses and costs 11. Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules etc.
Housekeeping Office Coordinator
Taj Samudra Colombo - Colombo, Sri LankaHousekeepingFebruary 2015 - August 2015 · 7 months
01. Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms. 02. Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities. 03. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry. 04. Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. 05. Prepare and distribute assignment sheets/work boards to Housekeeping staff. 06. Record, monitor, and update list of 'Do Not Disturb' rooms. 07. Ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the 'Do Not Disturb' list. 08. Complete required Housekeeping paperwork. 09. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures. 10. Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries. 11. Complete safety training and certifications. 12. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. 13. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets. 14. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, thank guests with genuine appreciation. 15. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. 16. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. 16. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. 17. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
Housekeeping Office Coordinator
Cinnamon Bey Beruwala - Beruwala, Sri LankaHousekeepingJuly 2013 - July 2014 · 1 year and 1 month
01. Answer all telephone calls coming into the Housekeeping office 02. Ensure that all colleagues log in and out their used devices 03. Keep track of any incoming requests in log book and make sure to follow up accordingly 04. Coordinate and distribute guest requests and ensure they are addressed 05. Manage early arrivals/VIPs’ special requests by continuously providing update for Housekeeping Supervisors on priority of rooms needed 06. Update additional credits/rollaway beds and baby cots 07. Inform Executive Housekeeper of all requests coming in from the guest rooms 08. Enter any maintenance requests into system 09. Log and store all lost & found items together with the Housekeeping Manager 10. Ensure that the key distribution system is well-maintained and inventory record is updated 11. Monitor occupancy status of guest rooms on a constant basis 12. Keep accurate record of all general cleaning materials/carpet, shampoo/drapery maintenance/chandelier, cleaning materials 13. Maintain accurate record of all receivables into the department 14. Evaluate shift assignments and prioritize work load
Four Year Management Diploma in Hotel & Catering Operations
Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management (SLITHM) - Kundasale, Sri LankaAugust 2014 - Now
The Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management (SLITHM) is the only Government approved premier Institute in Sri Lanka, which was established by the Government in 1964 to train young men and women in the complex eld of Hospitality and Travel Industry. SLITHM is managed by the Ministry of Tourism Development and Christian Religious Affairs. The 4 Year Management Diploma in Hotel and Catering Operations focuses on both hospitality and hotel management training with opportunity to gain considerable amount of industrial experience. This programme will help students find employments in the hotel industry locally as well as internationally. Qualifications are increasingly sought after in the hospitality and tourism industry and this diploma will put students on the fast track to a career in junior management level jobs in the hospitality indusrty with a view of developing further through higher level educational programs. One has to successfully complete all four Certificate Level Modules with experience, together with the Intermediate and Advanced Level Modules of one’s choice of specialization, in order to receive the Management Diploma in Hotel and Catering Operations.
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Opera PMS
- Public Speaking
- Team Leadership
- Team work