Join Hosco and view Chiara's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
▪Team spirit gained through my active participation for over a decade in the educational and formative activity of the AGESCI Scout Association and in a non-professional volleyball team;
▪first-hand understanding of the needs of individuals with disabilities and keen awareness of the necessity of an inclusive climate, acquired through my volunteering experiences;
▪good ability to adapt to multicultural environments, gained through my study and work experiences abroad;
▪effective communication skills acquired both through my studies (oral exams, class presentations) and my work experience (dealing with customers, answering the phone, replying e-mails, waiting on tables);
▪affability and cordiality.
▪ Strong sense of organisation, ▪ impeccable standards and meticulous attention to detail, ▪ efficiency, ▪ adaptability, ▪ ability to work using my own initiative and pro-active approach, ▪ ability to independently plan, prioritise and organise my workload, ▪ high level of trust and confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy, ▪ fast-learning skills, ▪ enthusiasm and motivation, but with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
▪ Good command of Windows and Mac Operating Systems;
▪ good command of Microsoft OfficeTM tools (WordTM, ExcelTM and PowerPointTM);
▪ basic knowledge of graphic design applications (Adobe IllustratorTM, PhotoShopTM).
I am ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) certified since 2007. I am well-versed with Micros OPERA.
I have a keen interest in:
▪ Shakespearean theatre (my postgraduate degree's dissertation is, in fact, titled "LOOKING FOR HENRY: history, theatre, cinema and multimodality in Henry V"),
▪ cinema as an artistic medium (history, development, and techniques of the art of filmmaking, dubbing),
▪ TV (I have an insane passion for well-written TV series),
▪ journalism (I dabble in writing TV shows' reviews for an Italian website).
Assistant Hospitality Manager
Searcys at Blenheim Palace - Woodstock, United KingdomEventsApril 2017 - Now
Wedding and Events Manager
The Lambert Hotel - Watlington, United KingdomEventsJanuary 2016 - April 2017
Malmaison Oxford Hotel - Oxford, United KingdomFront Office receptionJuly 2015 - November 2015
Front Desk Receptionist
Mercure Oxford Eastgate Hotel - Oxford, United KingdomFront Office receptionJanuary 2015 - June 2015
Hostess, Busser, Runner, Server at Via Napoli Pizzeria (in 'Epcot')
Walt Disney World - Orlando, FL, United StatesCateringOctober 2012 - October 2013
Office Secretary (National Service Volunteer)
Unione Italiana Ciechi e Ipovedenti - Messina, ItalyAdministration & GeneralDecember 2007 - December 2008
Master's Degree in Modern Languages: Literature and Translation Studies
University of Messina - Messina, ItalyOctober 2012 - October 2014
110/110 cum laude
Expert in Foreign Languages for Tourism
Consorzio Universitario per la Formazione Turistica Internazionale - Messina, ItalyJune 2012 - October 2012
Career-based Training Course (600 hours: 420h - theory, 180h - internship)
Bachelor's Degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of Messina - Messina, ItalySeptember 2004 - March 2009
110/110 cum laude
ItalianNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%