Join Hosco and view Christian's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
After sharpening my analytical and problem solving skills through an undergraduate degree in Mathematics at UCL, I am currently a postgraduate student at the University of Surrey following the International Hotel Management course.
The hospitality and tourism industry has always been one of my favourites. Marketing a service or a product requires creativity, while managing to keep high standards requires passion and determination, skills which I enjoy using the most when trying to deliver an exceptional outcome.
Developing my organisation,leadership and communication skills throughout the last 4 years as a student and intern, I feel ready to embark on a career that will enable me to use these skills in an industry that requires frequent innovation and a strong work ethic.
My vision is to one day return to my home country and apply my knowledge in order to further enhance the tourism sector in Cyprus, the main contributor to the island's GDP.
Assistant Store Manager
Malama Beach Holiday Village - Protaras, CyprusOtherAugust 2018 - August 2018 · 1 month
- Familiarised myself with main purposes of the stores system - Understood the importance of storage layout, design and conditions - Learnt about stock taking and key storage processes
Ernst & Young Services S.A - Nicosia, CyprusFinance/AccountingJuly 2017 - July 2017 · 1 month
- 3-week internship with EY at Nicosia head office in the TAS (transaction advisory services) department - Involved in the preparation of presentations for large-scale projects (golf course & wind energy) - Familiarised myself with working in a professional environment at a top audit firm, improving my skills in Excel and Power point
Malama Holiday - Protaras, CyprusF&B otherJuly 2015 - August 2015 · 2 months
- Long hours under peak season pressure - Communication with customers of many nationalities - Learnt about logistics of efficient bar management
MSc International Hotel Management
University of Surrey, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management - England, United KingdomSeptember 2018 - Now
Modules: Marketing, Hotel Operating Systems, Organisational behaviour, Research Methods, Financial Accounting, Business Plan, Revenue Management, Strategic Management
University College London - London, United KingdomSeptember 2015 - September 2018
Graduated with First Class Honours Modules: Analysis, Algebra, Mathematical Methods, Applied Mathematics, Accounting and Finance, Financial Mathematics, Linear Modelling, Stochastic Processes, Decision & Risk
IGCSE and A level qualifications
The English School Nicosia - Nicosia, CyprusSeptember 2008 - September 2014
A levels : Maths A* Further Maths A* Physics A French A Modern Greek A IGCSEs: Mathematics, Physics, History, Geography, Economics, Modern Greek, French - A* Design & Technology, English Literature - A English Language (First Language) - B
GreekNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Creative problem solving
- Effective teamwork
- Good communication
- Good leadership skills
- Good organisation
- Inventive and creative
- Ms word