Join Hosco and view Danilo Nicolo''s full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Since achieving a degree in Tourism and Cultural Heritage, I have undertaken several years of work in the Arts (Theatre), Marketing, Sales and Hospitality. Currently, after more almost four years experience in London hotels, I have moved to a private member club as reception/reservation supervisor where I am enhancing my skills in hospitality sector. I would like, consequently, to continue my career in another hotel, where I can use appropriately the knowledge gained so far and increase my experience in the front of house department or acquire a new experience in the field of tourism & leisure, such as restaurant, museum etc. to build more holistic knowledge about the industry.
The Lansdowne Club - Fitzmaurice House Ltd - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionOctober 2017 - Now · 1 year and 4 months
- Greeting members and visitors and ensure that all reception staff maintain the desired level of customer service. - Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all reception staff, ensuring all tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-scales, and reporting to the Reception/Reservation Manager and Assistant Manager as necessary. - Manage day to day issues that may arise within the team or reported by members. - Regularly evaluate quality of individual and team performance - Supervise the reservation functions for The Club ensuring all reservations are processed in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner. - Managing and coordinating activities of reservation team members, including switchboard, providing reservations and customer services skills. - Assist the Reception/Reservation Manager and Assistant Manager hiring, retaining and developing reservations and customer service employees, ensuring that an appropriate level of training and updating is constantly carried out. - Communicate effectively with other team members, concierge and other departments. - Manage everyday reservations, either via phone or email, and ensure timely process for same. - Provide support for the HOD and her assistant during meetings with other departments.
Front Office Receptionist
Citadines Holborn - Covent Garden London - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionJanuary 2016 - October 2017 · 1 year and 10 months
- Undertake front of house duties including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience. - Process guests’ check ins and outs using Protel MS., monitoring as well the customer accounts and till accounts. - Build a good rapport with all guests, resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service anticipating guests’ needs and dealing with their requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay. - Ensure the security of guest’s property, lost property and safety following security procedures, including reporting any maintenance issue immediately to the line manager, maintenance department and logging in into the PMS. - Undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, ensuring the smooth running of the reception area. - Administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded and processed correctly and accurately, including no shows and cancellations. - Applies and ensures the application of the hotel sales strategy to maximise occupancy and average room price
Novotel London Excel - Accor Hotels - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionFebruary 2015 - December 2015 · 11 months
- Always Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. - Engage each guest as a unique individual and listen attentively to their requests. - Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by email, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the area and respond to guests' complaints. - Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival. - Actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when over capacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. - Perform End of day procedures using Opera PMS. - Produce daily reports for departments and department heads. - Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Night Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise. - Manage the night shift in absence of the Night Manager in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
Travelodge Covent Garden - Travelodge UK - London, United KingdomFront Office receptionNovember 2013 - January 2015 · 1 year and 3 months
- Warm and kind welcoming at check-in desk including comprehensive explanation and providing relevant allocation according to personal necessities. - Assisting hotel guests with all necessary information about the city, local amenities, on-going events, transport direction and the hotel facilities. - Politely resolving various and unexpected guest problems and queries staying focused on customer satisfaction. - Managing out-booking situations with difficult customers and finding satisfactory alternative solutions using the in-house central booking office. - Using Opera software (hotel management system) and NRS software (restaurant management system). - Performing hotel night audit including production of all-day hotel reports - Occasional shift management including tutoring new personnel
Bachelor's degree in Cultural Heritage and Tourism
Università degli Studi Suor Orsola Benincasa - Naples, ItalyOctober 2009 - December 2013
- Business Organisation and Management of Tourism - Marketing Strategies, Economics and Management of Tourism - Sociology and Anthropology - History, Art History, Archaeology and Folklore
ItalianNative or fluent100%