Join Hosco and view Emily's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am an attentive energetic and skilful undergraduate who is currently studying a bachelor’s degree in Business with Management at Northumbria University. I am a highly organised and self-driven individual who is passionate about developing my career in the field of business within the hospitality industry. I have four years of experiences working within the hospitality sector with the Marriott Hotel Group and Hasting Hotel Group. In my roles, I have a proven track record of providing exemplary levels of service to a broad range of guests, including VIPs and high-profile individuals. I am seeking a challenging role, where my existing skill and qualifications will add value from the outset, whilst I continue to further develop my skills and knowledge.
5 years and 6 months
Conference and Events Host, Food and Beverage Assistant
Marriott International - Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomF&B serviceOctober 2017 - Now · 2 years and 3 months
• Opening and closing duties ranging from stock control to pre-orders, reflecting on my management and organisational skills. • Greeting our guests from the moment they come to the conference and events and showing outstanding customer service throughout, from opening accounts and taking pre orders to serving at the bar and at tables. • Ensuring pre-orders are correctly distributed and accounts accountable. • Ensuring customers’ needs are meet at the restaurant by engaging in customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach. • Supervision of conferences, reflects on my ability to being proactive, excellent communisation skills and quick thinking. • Helping other departments such as; Food and Beverage, which reflects on my collaboration skills and easy adaptation to a different working environment.
Food and Beverage Assistant
Hastings Hotels - Cultra, United KingdomF&B serviceJuly 2014 - September 2017 · 3 years and 3 months
The Culloden Estate and Spa, Hasting Hotel Group • Supervised and coordinated important restaurant events such as Christmas, christenings, and private functions for private and corporate occasions. • Entrusted with important responsibilities such as money handling, the filing and sending of end of the day report to head office and opening and closing activities. • Ensured customers received service befitting of The Culloden Estate and Spa, and handled any issues in an effective, friendly manner. • Daily duties included: ensuring the restaurant and bar was set, stocked, and clean, recommending wine to guests and answering enquiries such as alternative menu choices
Business with Managment
Northumbria University Newcastle - Newcastle upon Tyne, United KingdomSeptember 2017 - Now
BA Business with Management 1st Year; Building Business Practice (64%); Operations and Integrated Supply Chain and Marketing Management (72%); Managing People at Work (62%); Financial Decision Making(P); Global Business Environment (62%); and Business Analysis for Decisions Making(P). 2nd Year: Employability and Career Planning (78%) ; Business Professional Practice (73%) ; Economics and Contemporary Issues; Human Resources Management; and International Business Finance and Trade. 3rd Year: 12 months placement.
Bangor Academy and Sixth Form Collage - Bangor, United KingdomSeptember 2015 - June 2017
A-Level: Double Award Travel and Tourism (A*, A*); Sport and Exercise Science (A) and Science (B)
Nendrum College - Belfast, United KingdomSeptember 2011 - June 2015
English (C); Mathematics (C); Physical Education (B); Business and Communications Systems (A); Learning for Life and Work (A); Religious Education (C); Biology (B), Physics (C); Chemistry (C); Travel and Tourism (A*); Polish (A); OS Environment and Society (A); OCN Certificate in Personal Success and Well Being (A).
Native or fluent
Date of birth
July 27th 1998
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management
- Food & Beverage
- Good communication
- Human Resources Management
- International Finance and Trade
- Leadership skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Word
- personal management
1 information shared