Join Hosco and view Faisal's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
With an advance Diploma in Hotel Management from Cyprus and 9 years plus of Professional Hospitality experience in various International Chains of Hotels in the United Arab Emirates, Cyprus and Pakistan.
7 years and 1 month
Front Office Night Manager
Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort - Fujairah, United Arab EmiratesRooms divisionNovember 2016 - Now · 2 years and 4 months
• Setting a high example in regard to punctuality, appearance, courtesy, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of the house rules, loyalty to Management and interdepartmental cooperation. • Working as Night Manager since pre-opening, responsible for the entire hotel operation at night and representing higher management. • Assisting in maintaining and developing agreed standards consistently within the Front Office department. • Maximizing revenue by monitoring inventory levels during high occupancy and sold out night. • Monitoring the appearance standards and performance of Front Office team members and recognizing area where training is required. • Conducting Front Office briefings at the beginning of every shift and discussing daily operation criteria by announcing arrival and departures of day, expected VIP arrivals and any events going on or about to in the hotel. • Maintaining lobby presence and being the first point of contact for all the guests, welcoming VIPs and escorting them to rooms when necessary. • Handling guest’s inquiries, problems & concerns in an efficient and professional manner and making sure any issues are resolved in timely manner. • Following up with the guests regarding any queries or complaints they had to make sure guest satisfaction is achieved. • Maintaining a complete log of any major incident or guest complaint in the incident report and making sure guest profile notes are updated accordingly. • Ensuring that the Hotel security policies are implemented and correctly adhered to at all times. • Attending to every Fire alarm reported with the assistance of Security and Engineering team. • Performing Night Audit procedures, making sure all the F&B outlets have submitted their reports. • Auditing all the revenue transactions and making adjustment if necessary and ensuring right revenue is recorded and posted before the night run & performing End of Day procedure in OPERA. • Preparing the audit reports for the Finance department to pick up for the next morning. • Preparing Revenue and statistical reports for the morning executive meeting. • Co-chairing the executive meeting on behalf of FOM. • Conducting morning briefings and ensuring smooth shift transition.
Grand Millennium Al Wahda - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesRooms divisionDecember 2013 - October 2016 · 2 years and 11 months
• Supervising overall front desk operations involving check in and check out as per standard operating procedures. • Handling group arrivals. Preparing the groups master registration card and keys and following with sales and finance to ensure billing before arrival. • Ensure all associates are up to date with current facts of the hotel products and services including room types, rates, food and beverage outlets, and spa and health club. • Being the departmental trainer, responsible for making monthly training calendar and recognizing the area where staff needs training by monitoring daily performance and conducting one on one training sessions. • Signing arrival registration cards and making sure the profiles are updated correctly and correct rates are posted as per LPO and payment is collected for individual reservation. • Participating in making training plans and training new joiners. • Meeting and greeting guests and be the main point of contact at all time. • Making shift to shift handover and ensuring all the information has been passed correctly. • Handling and resolving guest complaints and issues and making sure the follow ups are carried out to ensure guest satisfaction. • Maintaining guest feedback and incident log and keep management posted of any negative feedback and issues. • Monitoring room assignments for expected arrivals and following up with housekeeping department to make sure rooms are ready on time. • Constantly checking the inventory and alarming the Front Office Manager to avoid overbook situation. • Auditing and signing the transactions done by front desk agents and making sure all required backups are attached. • Handling PMs and updating PM file. Following up with reservation and sales department for the backups and LPO to close the pending PMs. • Ensuring smooth operation by acting as liaison with Reservation, Sales, Housekeeping, Engineering, IT and Finance department. • Assisting security in emergency situations and making sure the procedures are as per the policies.
Front Office Supervisor
Auris Hotels - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRooms divisionFebruary 2012 - November 2013 · 1 year and 10 months
• Taking handover from afternoon shift and making sure rooms are assigned for the expected arrivals and enough ready rooms are available for walk in guests. • Supervising and assisting front office agents with check in and checkout procedures. • Welcoming VIP guests and be first point of contact for the arrivals. • Handling guest complaints and resolving in timely manner to ensure guest satisfaction and updating incident report. • Checking arrivals of the day and signing registration cards. • Crosschecking all the arrival RCs have LPO attached and payments are collected for the individual and FIT reservations. Auditing all the credit card transactions done by all the out lets and front office departments and correcting if any variance. • Making sure all the city ledgers closed, are with proper LPOs and reporting any discrepancies. • Checking all paymasters and making sure they are with zero rates. • Printing a rate check reports/ rate variance from PMS and checking all the rate code and recording any variances. • Recording any discounts extended and reporting if any without approval of the management. • Verifying all the rebates being signed by the authorized head of department and correct codes are used for the rebates. • Ensuring all revenue is posted correctly with correct revenue codes and backups are submitted. • Balancing point of sales and credit card machines with PMS and closing. • Performing night audit and running end of day on the PMS. • Making summary reports and generating daily sales/revenue reports Resetting point of sales and credit card machine and running the PMS end of day. • Preparing following reports for the management for morning executive meeting: 1. Daily sales/ Revenue report 2. Manager Flash > Month To Date > Last Year 3. History & Forecast – Current Month and Next Month 4. Arr & Arr VIP with rate 5. Dep/ Dep VIP 6. Guest In house/ Guest In house VIP/ Guest in house Birthday 7. Market Competition Report 8. Incident Report (if any)
Managing Front Office Operations
American Hotel & Lodging Educational InstituteFebruary 2006 - May 2007
Higher Diploma in Hotel Administration
College of Tourism & Hotel Management - Nicosia, CyprusFebruary 2006 - June 2009
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
- Effective time management
- Exellent communication
- Handling complaints
- Night Auditor
- People Oriented
- Resolving problems
- Safety & Security
- Team / People Management