Join Hosco and view Kevin's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am an energetic, well traveled and adaptable person who has developed a mature and responsible approach to any task presented to me. My greatest strengths are my communication, interpersonal, IT and problem solving skills. These skills have been gained and honed from my work experiences and from volunteering at many collegial institutions and committees. My time spent on committees and my experience of working nights have highlighted my ability to work both alone and in a team environment.
Spire Hostel - Dublin, IrelandCustomer ServiceSeptember 2015 - September 2016 · 1 year and 1 month
● Entrusted with opening/closing the hostel throughout the night alone, balancing income for the shift, confirming deliveries and storing them appropriately. ● Simultaneously balanced multiple responsibilities; ○ Cleaning the reception and front desk maintaining a clean work environment, ○ Preparing breakfast for 120-200 guests, ○ Performing check in procedures while assisting guests with any queries or problems ○ Ensuring all payments were made and documented correctly. ● Built relationships with returning customers and provided a comforting atmosphere to encourage regular patronage. ● Solely responsible to deal with the various security issues that may arise such as; ○ Issues of personal safety/theft of belongings ○ Theft occurrences, ○ Drunk/disorderly misconduct by guests/pedestrians, ○ Dealing with the police if necessary, ● Attended regular training for new booking systems and regulations.
Tour Guide/Sales assitant
Paddy Wagon Tours - Dublin, IrelandCustomer ServiceMarch 2015 - August 2015 · 7 months
● As sales assistant I opened and closed the shop, dealing with shipments/restocks as well as balancing the income of the shift. ● Each shift required excellent teamwork and communication to thrive in a busy store environment with only two-three on-duty staff members. ● Attended training sessions particularly focused on security and how to deal with theft as the store was on the premier street of a capital city. ● Co-operated with the company's' goals in terms of focus products to be sold such as particular tours or items from a particular parent company. ● As receptionist I was delegated with the management of all incoming bookings through multiple phones and email accounts, ● As a tour guide I was entrusted with the safety of the tourists as well as being trusted that my social and interpersonal skills were up to par to deal with and entertain a large group of people.
Dublin Institute of Technology, School of Hospitality Management and Tourism and School of Culinary Arts & Food Technology [ HSD ] - Dublin, IrelandSeptember 2017 - Now
Certificate in Project Mangement
Carlow IT - Carlow, IrelandJanuary 2017 - June 2017
Political Sceience and Geography
Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, IrelandSeptember 2014 - June 2016
2 years completed, on hold.
- Administrative skills
- Computer repairing,
- Event planner
- Event set up
- IT knowledge
- IT support
- Staff managment
- VERY POLITE