Join Hosco and view Gabriele's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Over the past 12 years, I’ve aspired to build my hospitality career on the simple principle of sincerity -- my key to creating value and delivering excellence at luxury properties around the globe.
My first taste of 5-star hospitality took root in my hometown of Florence, Italy, at The Savoy Hotel. I was introduced to Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, which notably imprinted its way into my guest-centric service and management style.
My passion for the world of hospitality quickly took hold; inspired, this newfound thirst to advance my F&B knowledge took me to the mountains of Scotland’s Gleneagles Hotel and behind the bustling bar of The Balmoral Hotel. The Gleneagles experience planted the seed of organizational effectiveness and emphasized the importance of enforcing sound policy and procedure administration. Manage diversity meant traveling further -- the French West Indies! I added French to my foreign language portfolio and embraced the tropical culture of the Guanahani Hotel & Spa in Saint Barthelemy.
The culmination of knowledge and growth advanced my career into an Assistant Restaurant Manager at the Hotel Bagni di Pisa & Spa in Pisa, Italy. I quickly tapped into my own managerial style, centering on delivering luxury and creating unforgettable guest experiences. My drive for powerful and measurable results succeeded; I was promoted to Assistant F&B Manager in Siena, Italy’s Castello di Casole. My managerial skillset included healthy financial organization, operating systems, and reporting. After a couple years, I was ready to take my cultural journey further – the United States of America. As Assistant F&B Manager of the historic Hay-Adams Hotel in Washington, DC, I navigate the waters of a union property.
Consistency and creativity while enforcing policy/procedure, monitoring scheduling and labor control, is amplified. Ultimately, every work experience has transformed me into a value creator and ambassador for the brand I represent.
Director of Restaurants
Argentario golf resort & spa - Porto Ercole, ItalyManagementFebruary 2018 - Now · 10 months
• Organization and supervision of the two restaurants and in room dining • Purchase of new equipment and furniture for the new opening of “Club house restaurant” • Recruitment of new members for the summer season and for the new team • Training of a team of 30 professionals in order to standardize the new restaurant service and increase knowledge and confidence • Careful supervision of the staff, tracked with regular performance evaluations • Creation of standard operating systems to maintain control, quality and efficiency of servie • Clear and timely communication of relevant information to the staff. • Organization of special events in the restaurants, including receptions and promotions. • Development of departmental goals, work schedules, budget and policies. • Organization and care of the cellar and the wine list trough wine orders and selection. • Wine sales increase of 35% compared to the same period n the past 3 years • Increment of guest satisfaction by 10 points compared to the past 2 years
Siren by RW - Washington, DC, United StatesF&B otherMarch 2017 - December 2017 · 11 months
New opening • Organization and supervision of three departments: In room dining, bar and restaurant • New equipment and furniture purchase • Recruitment and harmonious organization of a combined team of 30 professionals working in the restaurant, the bar and room service. • Careful supervision of the staff, tracked with regular performance evaluations. • Strategic business initiated, implemented and cultivated in partnership with local luxury hotel concierges and embassies. • Minimization of losses and the misuse of equipment through proper supervision and training of staff in the restaurant. • Consistent and efficient marketing program that used social media as prime resource • Creation and development of departmental goals, work schedules and policies. • Organization and care of the cellar and the wine list trough wine orders and selection. • Maintaining a beverage cost within 26%. • Programming and regular updating of computer systems with new pricing schemes and specials. • Creation of standard operating systems to maintain control, quality and efficiency of service
Assistant F&B Manager
The Hay Adams Hotel - Washington, DC, United StatesF&B serviceMay 2016 - February 2017 · 10 months
Assistant F&B Manager
Castello di Casole srl - Siena, ItalyF&B serviceFebruary 2014 - December 2015 · 1 year and 11 months
Castello di Casole - Siena, ItalyF&B serviceApril 2013 - November 2013 · 8 months
Manage, support, supervise, motivate staff. Organize, control restaurants services. Deal with guest requests, solve issues and intratain them.
Assistant restaurant Manager
Hotel bagni di Pisa - San Giuliano Terme, ItalyF&B serviceSeptember 2012 - March 2013 · 7 months
Organize, control, support, supervise staff work. Wine list planning and wines recommendation. Orders taking, guest service and entertaining. A la carte high quality standard hotel restaurant.
Chef de rang
Guanahani Hotel - Sainte-Anne, GuadeloupeF&B serviceSeptember 2011 - April 2012 · 8 months
a la carte gourmet restaurant, order taking, wine recommending, guest service
The Balmoral Hotel - Edinburgh, United KingdomF&B serviceMarch 2010 - March 2011 · 1 year and 2 months
cocktails and drinks preparation, wines and cocktails list planning, guest service, cash register balancing,
Master Hotel Management
SESEF University - London, United KingdomFebruary 2016 - August 2016
F. Martini Hotel and Catering school - Montecatini Terme, ItalyAugust 2003 - June 2008
ItalianNative or fluent100%
- Go Concierge (reservation program)
- HotSchedules (scheduling program)
- Material Control (warehouse program)
- Microsoft: Excel, Office, Word, power point
- OpenTable (reservation program)